• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How upset were you with the Panthers 1st round pick?

kungfoodude

How upset were you with the Panthers 1st round pick?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How upset were you with the Panthers 1st round pick?

• 0-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 11+

21 minutes ago, t96 said:

not many but I thought I saw some people upset "we took a guard" that high. I completely disagree but there were non-Panthers analysts out there pre-draft who thought Ekwonu fit better as a guard. That's the only real concern I could possibly imagine regarding this pick.

Or those who desperately wanted one of these (bad) QBs...

Well to be fair, one of those was the dipsh-t who kept claiming inside sources were telling him we could still get Deshaun Watson after the Browns deal was announced.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I don't know, I still think Pickett is probably much better than a #2, I just don't think he's someone that really carries a team. I don't see him as ever in the conversation for one of the top 5 guys in the league - and that is the kind of player I wanted as our QB. One thing I'll say... he did hit probably one of the best possible places to fall, all things considered. 

Willis, I really liked his potential, but... well, surprise, I'm not an NFL talent evaluator for a reason, lol.

Pickett is Dalton-esque but he was one of basically two guys in this class I could see being actual NFL starters.

The rest are backups or XFL guys.

Like a -12 for me.

Upgrading the o-line helps passing, rushing, special teams, and defense. Literally can affect all aspects of the game. I am thrilled. Would have loved to have a small trade back to pick up some extra picks, but completely understand why they didn’t want to risk what seems to be a sure 10+ year beast on the o-line. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not exactly a big Sam Howell fan, I take it...

He just has too much to correct in his throwing mechanics and came from a very rudimentary offense. Those are tough things to overcome individually much less together.

Probably has the second or third highest ceiling in the class(behind Willis and maybe Corral) but his floor is very low.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1

All I wanted was a long term LT. We nailed that and that is all I could have hoped for. Anything else would have been failures by various degrees in my eyes for us in this draft.

Now factoring in what we used our 2nd and 3rds on brings back the reality this year is still all about getting Rhule fired so we can finally use some of this talent when we get a real coach and QB combo. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, Waldo said:

All I wanted was a long term LT. We nailed that and that is all I could have hoped for. Anything else would have been failures by various degrees in my eyes for us in this draft.

Now factoring in what we used our 2nd and 3rds on brings back the reality this year is still all about getting Rhule fired so we can finally use some of this talent when we get a real coach and QB combo. 

Yeah and if this pick works out, at least we have a base to build a good OL on when we have competent coaching again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

this is the happiest I've seen the huddle in 2 years (minus the week we got Cam back last year.) Screw those negative waves, man. Let's ride this dopamine drip all the way to Koombaya 

It really is. The poll shows that, as well.

I will say that I fully expected them to fug that pick up and they somehow didn't.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panthering said:

I'll admit I preferred Neal and was yelling at the TV to draft him, but tacking Ickey was perfectly acceptable so my disappointment lasted about 2 seconds.

Yeah, any of those top 3 LT's were going to make me happy, even if I did have a preference among them.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I will say that I fully expected them to fug that pick up and they somehow didn't.

100% still in shock on that one. Now I'm hoping they can contain themselves with next years draft capital. Still shocked and happy at the pick which is a 180 from last year. 

• Beer 1