• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(*probably fake news*) Panthers turned down a trade offer last night.

ncfan

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Again look at Stars numbers and DB's tell me the difference then show me The "Star is a bust" thread you made??

There is really no argument in the Star versus Brown discussion. Star was a very good run blocker and a very poor pass rusher. Brown is an okay pass rusher and extremely poor run blocker. 

Star performed the function that he was intended to and Brown has absolutely not done that. He has also not only failed to improve but regressed. 

I was a BIG supporter of that draft pick to take Brown but it was a massive mistake. He is not a good player.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

Star did his job. He did all the dirty work so Luke and TD could stay free.

Brown gets manhandled by Washington's third string guards

Agreed.  It was noticeable when Star was added.  Brown can't control gaps.  He's stronger as a pass rusher than a run stopper, and he's not a particularly good pass rusher either.

It shouldn't take 3 years for Brown to develop, because his draft profile was the big strong man that was ready to go day 1.  I hope he proves us wrong this year cause its not looking good.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

Star did his job. He did all the dirty work so Luke and TD could stay free.

Brown gets manhandled by Washington's third string guards

Do you really want to compare trying to make a HOFER and a Pro bowler look good.. To Tahir Whitehead and Jermaine Carter????

Do we need to break down 1 player being flanked by Cj and Greg Hardy??  Do you think that might help a bit??

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Agreed.  It was noticeable when Star was added.  Brown can't control gaps.  He's stronger as a pass rusher than a run stopper, and he's not a particularly good pass rusher either.

It shouldn't take 3 years for Brown to develop, because his draft profile was the big strong man that was ready to go day 1.  I hope he proves us wrong this year cause its not looking good.

Yeah, he was supposed to be physically dominant but his technique is unbelievably poor. He has not adjusted to the NFL at all.

Edited by kungfoodude

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Do you really want to compare trying to make a HOFER and a Pro bowler look good.. To Tahir Whitehead and Jermaine Carter????

Do we need to break down 1 player being flanked by Cj and Greg Hardy??  Do you think that might help a bit??

It wouldn't help Brown not get abused in one on one's. That happens far too frequently. Believe what you want but I'd suggest looking at the All-22 tape while you do it. It's bad.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

You have 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There is really no argument in the Star versus Brown discussion. Star was a very good run blocker and a very poor pass rusher. Brown is an okay pass rusher and extremely poor run blocker. 

Star performed the function that he was intended to and Brown has absolutely not done that. He has also not only failed to improve but regressed. 

I was a BIG supporter of that draft pick to take Brown but it was a massive mistake. He is not a good player.

Do you think surrounding cast my be the reason??

No Dt is going to make Tahir Whitehead and Jermaine Carter look like Luke kuechly..

I'm sorry that is impossible..

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It wouldn't help Brown not get abused in one on one's. That happens far to frequently. Believe what you want but I'd suggest looking at the All-22 tape while you do it. It's bad.

It would help when it happened you had Superior run defenders like

Kuechly,  CJ, TD, Greg Hardy even James Anderson around you wouldn't it..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

You have 

Do you think surrounding cast my be the reason??

No Dt is going to make Tahir Whitehead and Jermaine Carter look like Luke kuechly..

I'm sorry that is impossible..

No, I don't. You shouldn't need better players around you to avoid getting ridden out of the screen on play after play as opposing RB's run by. 

His faults aren't other players, they are his. He simply has not done the work to be better at his craft. He is trying to just line up and be stronger than the guy in front of him like he was able to in college. Well that doesn't work in the NFL. You have to have proper technique and use that strength effectively. He doesn't have that on a consistent basis.

The fact that he hasn't improved and gotten worse means that the opposition is well aware that he isn't improving as a player and that is why he gets abused so frequently. It's quite literally on the tape.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We seriously have people ready to label a guy a flat out bust after a promising rookie season and a sophomore slump on a terrible team?

This is incredible.. Ppl could watch games and see we had sub par MLB and the team can say we need to get bigger on the edge because that where teams were attacking us ..

And Blame the DT..

Smh