• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(*probably fake news*) Panthers turned down a trade offer last night.

ncfan

Well its from Campbell so we know its legit. I would have done it for Linderbaum. Our offensive line would have gone from worst to first with Icky-Bozeman-Linderbaum-Corbett-Moton and then you just have to hope Hoskins and Roy continue to develop. But outside of the top 13 players and Linderbaum, I would hold on to Brown

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

Well its from Campbell so we know its legit. I would have done it for Linderbaum. Our offensive line would have gone from worst to first with Icky-Bozeman-Linderbaum-Corbett-Moton and then you just have to hope Hoskins and Roy continue to develop. But outside of the top 13 players and Linderbaum, I would hold on to Brown

Value-wise DT>C all day

I don't think you can give up on a 1st round DT after year 2 when he wasn't god awful. Can we have some patience for players to develop? You don't think he's kinda good if someone wants to give us a 1st rounder for him? 

Plus then we would have to spend that pick on a DT anyways unless we want to be real thin at that position....which we have seen before and it is not pretty. 

Edited by PanthersGTI

Total guess, but I could see GB making that offer. They had picks 22 and 28, and went DT with pick 28. Seems reasonable in that we could have grabbed our QB on a 5year deal, but our Dline would be terrible without Brown, so I see the reasoning behind passing on the deal. 

Again, This is all just random speculation with me AND Walter football.

• Pie 1

Yeah right lol

Article says sources told him we turned down a mid 1st rounder.

The guy has not been particularly good at pass rushing or run defense. A few outlier plays don’t make up for what he should be for spending a top ten pick. I would be disappointed with his level of play even if he had been drafted a couple rounds later.

Hoping he might finally be good in his 3rd year would nowhere near justify turning down such a pick.