• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(*probably fake news*) Panthers turned down a trade offer last night.

ncfan

Just watching Brown he doesn’t occupy multiples blockers and gets beat one on one far too frequently. His burst and pass rush technique is nothing special, he doesn’t control his gap, and his strength which was great against college competition, has not been enough to overcome nfl caliber strength and technique.

People made a big deal about our edge guys lacking in run defense, and it was accurate, but look at how many times a team ran right up the gut at Brown being soloed.

The dude hasn’t played well and I highly doubt someone was offering a mid first pick for him it lol

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

It would help when it happened you had Superior run defenders like

Kuechly,  CJ, TD, Greg Hardy even James Anderson around you wouldn't it..

Better players will always help but he is getting beat fairly consistently. That is ultimately his fault. I would agree with you if he was regularly dominating one on one matchups but he just isn't. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We seriously have people ready to label a guy a flat out bust after a promising rookie season and a sophomore slump on a terrible team?

This is the entire world now. Instant gratification and sucess or its a failure. There is no more middle ground. Its insane. I swear it was literally a MANTRA that linemen take 3 years to develop and you can't really judge until then. Now people ready to write guys off after a 1 v 1 rep in training camp. 

Edited by PanthersGTI
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Better players will always help but he is getting beat fairly consistently. That is ultimately his fault. I would agree with you if he was regularly dominating one on one matchups but he just isn't. 

Whatever.. Show me the film where he is consistently getting moved and beat. 

I can't wait .

1 minute ago, Baskinridge said:

Just watching Brown he doesn’t occupy multiples blockers and gets beat one on one far too frequently. His burst and pass rush technique is nothing special, he doesn’t control his gap, and his strength which was great against college competition, has not been enough to overcome nfl caliber strength and technique.

People made a big deal about our edge guys lacking in run defense, and it was accurate, but look at how many times a team ran right up the gut at Brown being soloed.

The dude hasn’t played well and I highly doubt someone was offering a mid first pick for him it lol

I mean, w are laymen and this is obvious. Go watch any person with an ounce of professional football experience break down his play and they will pretty much say the same thing.

He hasn't been good and he hasn't improved on basic skills at his position. That cannot be spun any other way that is positive. 

I can't blame that on coaching either. I love to abuse our coaching staff but his lack of development is squarely his fault. It's up to him to consistently get better at his craft and he has not done that.

Just now, WOW!! said:

He still was a pro bowl LB .. He still was leading the league in Tackles..

What are you talking about??

watch the games in '18 and '19 when we had Dontari Poe and Vernon Butler as our NT. Luke had offensive linemen in his face every game as opposed to when star was there. 

Your argument is that Star only succeeded because he had Luke and TD. Luke definitely struggled and was frustrated with blockers in his face.

While Derrick Brown may not have the same supporting cast as Star, he job is to control blockers and allow players such as Shaq to clean up. So far, he has not done what he was drafted in top 10 to do...

Just now, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

watch the games in '18 and '19 when we had Dontari Poe and Vernon Butler as our NT. Luke had offensive linemen in his face every game as opposed to when star was there. 

Your argument is that Star only succeeded because he had Luke and TD. Luke definitely struggled and was frustrated with blockers in his face.

While Derrick Brown may not have the same supporting cast as Star, he job is to control blockers and allow players such as Shaq to clean up. So far, he has not done what he was drafted in top 10 to do...

Yeah, Luke is an all world talent but LB's need competent play in front of them. Anyone remember Ray Lewis being upset when his NT wasn't resigned(forget his name now)?

2 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

No get it right..

No my argument was Star was a good players with a better surrounding cast.. That nobody thought was a bust..

And DB is better or similar with less talent around him...

That's my argument..