• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterers facial expression after saying Corral is "..the future of this team.."

Centerfield

4 minutes ago, Centerfield said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRJNSZV_No

Go to about the 14 min mark .. the expression Fitter had was like "..I can't believe I just said that, this guy isn't going to be good.."

What else could that have meant?

Well, it could be that our GM is sick and tired of Sam Darnold IMO.  Because Sam stinks and now he has control.  

But realized he still shouldn’t of said what he did. 

I mean he has been on a mission pretty clearly to unseat Sam as our QB option.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Centerfield said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRJNSZV_No

Go to about the 14 min mark .. the expression Fitter had was like "..I can't believe I just said that, this guy isn't going to be good.."

What else could that have meant?

I saw that too. He did that after saying Matt is ‘the future of this team’. Maybe he didn’t think he should say that considering Sam is still here.

No idea though.

• Pie 1

Yeah I think they were tempering their relief of getting a potentially good QB, in the draft room they were probably like "thank god the Qb's fell to us and we don't have to overpay for another 5th year option guy". There are good LT's in their 30's but they didn't mention that when talking about Ickey. And if Corral isn't a starter it's still good value for a 4 year backup, could probably beat out PJ tmrw

They want to use Sam as a bridge for Corral. Sam doesn't want to be used as a bridge and they told Sam he is the 1 and has a year to prove he can be the franchise QB. They have no intention of keeping Darnold. They just want to use him. Trying to keep Darnold from holding out and forcing a trade. Fitterer keeps messing up. Fitterer is hoping Darnold's agent or Darnold himself is not paying attention to the Fitterer slip ups on revealing their true intention.

What are the chances Darnold or his agent is paying attention to these press conferences?

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

Yeah it had to do more with Sam than Matt.  He just said more than he meant to reveal...  they also unintentionally admitted that they had a first round grade on Corral.  When they were first asked about it, they tried to be coy and talk around where they had him graded.  When asked again, they both said they would've taken him "early."  Then Rhule went further and said they had a first round grade on him.

As high of stakes as these jobs are, they wouldn't have traded up for a guy they have graded as a first rounder, in the third round, only to think they just completely blew that trade and he'll be a bum.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

They want to use Sam as a bridge for Corral. Sam doesn't want to be used as a bridge and they told Sam he is the 1 and has a year to prove he can be the franchise QB. They have no intention of keeping Darnold. They just want to use him. Trying to keep Darnold from holding out and forcing a trade. Fitterer keeps messing up. Fitterer is hoping Darnold's agent or Darnold himself is not paying attention to the Fitterer slip ups on revealing their true intention.

What are the chances Darnold or his agent is paying attention to these press conferences?

Trying to keep Darnold from holding out to force a trade?  LOL

We can't get anyone to take Darnold right now to save our lives, NOBODY is going to want him if he holds out when his NFL life is already teetering in the balance.