• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterers facial expression after saying Corral is "..the future of this team.."

Centerfield

5 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

They want to use Sam as a bridge for Corral. Sam doesn't want to be used as a bridge and they told Sam he is the 1 and has a year to prove he can be the franchise QB. They have no intention of keeping Darnold. They just want to use him. Trying to keep Darnold from holding out and forcing a trade. Fitterer keeps messing up. Fitterer is hoping Darnold's agent or Darnold himself is not paying attention to the Fitterer slip ups on revealing their true intention.

What are the chances Darnold or his agent is paying attention to these press conferences?

Darnold isn’t going to hold out and he isn’t in position to force anything.  Sam Darnold has been horrible for 4 consecutive years.  Sam is stealing money at this point. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5

16 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yep, Fitterer already decided the guy he TRADED UP for isn’t going to be very good. You nailed it OP, good job.

Fitt has been breaking his back all day to remove Sam Darnold.  He simply said the reality that Sam is essentially done.  Then realized he said the quiet out loud.  It’s about getting Corral on the field.  That’s the goal.   You aren’t supposed to say that though. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Darnold isn’t going to hold out and he isn’t in position to force anything.  Sam Darnold has been horrible for 4 consecutive years.  Sam is stealing money at this point. 

Sam just got notice that he has an offseason and maybe 3 games to prove he's more than a backup. He either rises to the occasion or doesn't have it, Rhule gets fired and we can move on with our franchise LT and cheap new QB, even if he's a 4 year backup.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

They want to use Sam as a bridge for Corral. Sam doesn't want to be used as a bridge and they told Sam he is the 1 and has a year to prove he can be the franchise QB. They have no intention of keeping Darnold. They just want to use him. Trying to keep Darnold from holding out and forcing a trade. Fitterer keeps messing up. Fitterer is hoping Darnold's agent or Darnold himself is not paying attention to the Fitterer slip ups on revealing their true intention.

What are the chances Darnold or his agent is paying attention to these press conferences?

Can you imagine being Darnold's agent?  I bet the phone is ringing off the hook.

54 minutes ago, Centerfield said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRJNSZV_No

Go to about the 14 min mark .. the expression Fitter had was like "..I can't believe I just said that, this guy isn't going to be good.."

What else could that have meant?

You are the most negative person on this board.  A true contrarian, one that takes pride in rubbing against the grain.  You don't believe most of what you say--you just need attention. 

Now you are interpreting facial expressions to criticize the GM.  Really?

• Pie 2

57 minutes ago, Centerfield said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRJNSZV_No

Go to about the 14 min mark .. the expression Fitter had was like "..I can't believe I just said that, this guy isn't going to be good.."

What else could that have meant?

I'm assuming he likely said something that he thinks he probably shouldn't have said out loud about him being the "Future of this Team". The team probably wasn't wanting to be so straight out with it.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I think they were tempering their relief of getting a potentially good QB, in the draft room they were probably like "thank god the Qb's fell to us and we don't have to overpay for another 5th year option guy". There are good LT's in their 30's but they didn't mention that when talking about Ickey. And if Corral isn't a starter it's still good value for a 4 year backup, could probably beat out PJ tmrw

I will be curious to see if Rhule gives Corral a fair shake. I suspect he was the guy wanting to push for Baker Mayfield, so I think maybe Rhule not getting his way could create a little bit of a strain.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I will be curious to see if Rhule gives Corral a fair shake. I suspect he was the guy wanting to push for Baker Mayfield, so I think maybe Rhule not getting his way could create a little bit of a strain.

I said a month or so ago that I wanted a LT but that if we did go QB I liked Corral the best. I did not want to take him at 6 and frankly didn’t think it would be possible to get both a blue chip LT and Corral in this draft without giving up way too much so I’m honestly thrilled with how this has played out.

That said, I think Corral will need some time and backing up Darnold for at least the first half of the season is likely in his best interest. So I don’t think Rhule will be hurting him by not playing him immediately. In an ideal world you would sit someone like Corral for the whole season this year but we need to get him out there at some point to figure out if we can move forward with him or need to target a QB in next years draft.

But I really do like the kid. I think he has a real shot at starting in this league. He still needs to develop but he’s got some attributes that I don’t feel any of the others had. And his quick release is special. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1