• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On paper this team is ready to compete

NAS

I am excited again about the future. Fitt and Morgan absolutely nailed free agency and the draft so far. Offensive line is solidified, we have a potential franchise QB in Corral despite being drafted in the third round, he has so much upside.  We need to add some depth now but…

The remaining weak link is Matt Rhule.  As long as he is the head coach, this team will continue to struggle. He is over his skis when it comes to game planning and his ra ra approach falls flat with grown professionals in the NFL.  That said Ben McAdoo provides some relief as a coordinator who can develop the new QB and potentially take over as an interjm head coach if needed.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, NAS said:

I am excited again about the future. Fitt and Morgan absolutely nailed free agency and the draft so far. Offensive line is solidified, we have a potential franchise QB in Corral despite being drafted in the third round, he has so much upside.  We need to add some depth now but…

The remaining weak link is Matt Rhule.  As long as he is the head coach, this team will continue to struggle. He is over his skis when it comes to game planning and his ra ra approach falls flat with grown professionals in the NFL.  That said Ben McAdoo provides some relief as a coordinator who can develop the new QB and potentially take over as an interjm head coach if needed.

I'm all for Rhule gone and been outspoken on here about wanting it but with those recent Tepper comments Rhule sounds like he may have about 3 more years not counting this season if what he said was true. That's scary to me as I see him holding us back. Our OC has to be a better head coach than Rhule. Hell, I think most of the people who post on here could coach better than Rhule. We look much better on paper with more that needs to be done but it's an improvement yes. The only problem I see holding us down is the idiot narcissist head coach we currently have that has Tepper in love with him.

9 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Lb is an area of weaknesses.  As much as I like Shaq, I think Carolina needs a better mlb that can read offenses, shuffle players, and be the qb of the defense.  Luke was great at that.  We need another Luke.

I could be wrong but Littleton played that position  pretty good when he was with the Rams. That's what led him to getting paid. Problem  was the rams made him more a 3-4 MLB. 

52 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I can’t see Corral beating out Sam without an injury 

Me neither.  But Sam gets injured every year, so Matt will see the field, is my guess.

This is whant many huddlers wanted.  Rhule sinking or swimming with Sam.  But with the new line, CMC and Foreman... Sam is going to look better.  

Edited by poundaway

52 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I think he will get his playing time in the second half of the season, maybe when we are out if the playoff race. Corral is a locker room leader and Sam is kind of quiet/laid back. Corral is going to win over the locker room pretty quickly.

It is as good as I could have hoped for. We got a franchise LT and a QB to throw into the mix for the year.

Expecting this team to compete at this time is like expecting CMC to finish the year healthy, it just not a good bet until it actually happens. There is going to be a huge run game this year with all of the oline changes, I expect us to do well there but I also expect the trends we saw last year in the passing game to continue throughout this year. 

• Pie 2

We’re not competing with Sam Darnold starting. I’d throw corral out there at the midway point to see what he has and if he improves up until the last game. Sam is fuging terrible and will still be terrible with a decent oline. Give corral some starts and see what happens. Maybe he surprises or we try drafting another qb next year with a higher pick. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Tank said:

Did you actually think any of these qb's were actually going to beat Sam out for starter right away? 

As bad as Sam is these kids are nowhere near ready to supplant him, none.