• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Draft Thread

Zod

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Umm, Brown’s RAS score was 1.48. His only green mark was his weight, lol. Trey Smith (my legacy) was a 9.8. Still cannot understand how or why we passed on Smith for Brown, who was downright dreadful at the Senior Bowl, and a long snapper who sucked.

Ekwonu, Smith, Bozeman, Corbett and Moton would be really fun to watch. 

You know why, all the blood thinners and heart warning. I was yelling for Trey Smith starting in 4th.....over the Long Safety was the worst.....but not going to complain too much given he must have been off the board due to doctors....I would have took the risk in the 6th. I still got hope for Brown, new OL campy should know how to reach him. 

• Beer 1

So far, solid draft. Two biggest areas of need were addressed on days one and two, and now on day three they're taking fliers on some solid depth options.

The team so far has picked up back-ups for Brian Burns & Frankie Luvu to help get some fresh legs after the passer, and those guys might even see decent time this season if they can contribute on special teams (going to be funny having an edge rusher as a gunner again). They've also basically got a replacement for Cameron Erving in Cade Mays who is one of those "versatile" players that the regime covets. However, we've got James Campen likely signing off on the pick, so at worst the team has a smart back-up that can play any spot on the line.

Can't wait to see who the last pick is!

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Hurney was gone. This was last year, Fitt and Rhule. Both guys were at the Senior Bowl. I watched the Senior Bowl and DL were just running around him like he was standing still. It was after that that his agent likely made him say he lost weight and knew he was too heavy. I know so many complained that he should have played but I wouldn’t be surprised if he never gets to a point where he could start and not let a quick DT tear Corral’s head off.

NVM, I thought you meant Derrick, not Deonte.

Edited by OldhamA

Remember last year when Rhule was bragging about drafting Chubba based on his wife's recommendation?  (Chubba iwas in the top 5 in RB carries that went for zero yardage--21%) Remember when Rhule called a long snapper to tell him that he was a sixth round draft pick?

Not seeing that kind of thing this year.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Mayor Qumiby said:

Where else do we need to add depth?  Secondary??

They mentioned S before the draft, but I do not see it.

I think TE--but not sure we find enough of a player in round 7.

Sterling Weatherford S Miami of Ohio (if he has not already been drafted) would be interesting.

Jack Sandorn MLB Wisconsin is another idea---no clue

Edited by MHS831