• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This looks so far like a Scott Fitterer and Dan Morgan RUN draft, not Mr. Teppa, Not Fhule

TheBigKat

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Found it...

Pretty sure there was another report saying something similar but this was the original...

ah okay - so no specific names. Sounds like the team had a 1a and 1b... 1a was Baker and 1b was a rookie. I like the way it ended up at this moment. 

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Rhule has never done any of that above... The hate for Rhule on this message board has become dem trumpian levels....

Fitty mentioned specifically how involved Rhule was in the Corral trade.  Rhule is definitely involved 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Fitty mentioned specifically how involved Rhule was in the Corral trade.  Rhule is definitely involved 

Yeah, he did.  In another awkward presser that Rhule came out like a sad puppy dog.  

and it felt like Fitt read the room that Rhule is viewed as being thrown in the backseat and was trying to throw him a bone. 

I mean, clearly there has been a change in how things are here.   And you probably could argue Tepper helped set Rhule up to fail by giving such a green HC too much power/responsibility at the start.   Rhule needed to be paired with a stronger front office from the start.  

5 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

On face value, the team trading up twice, including using a future day 2 pick, doesn't quite scream Fitterer, who has been better known for trading back and amassing picks. 

It does this year.

Fitterer has stated that this season he wants fewer players and higher quality.

He specifically called last year's draft "a numbers draft" and this year's draft "a quality draft".

These takes get so old.  You're just confirming bias.  That's it. if you like the move it's because Rhule didnt get to make it.  If you dont like it then its Rhule.  If Rhule says something you dont like then its absolute gospel, if he says something you like then it's because someone else is making him or because he doesnt mean it.  You cant give someone all the credit for good moves and tuen someone else all the blame for bad ones when we have no idea and they are probably all working together.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

2 obvious picks, and the owner stating he has complete faith in Rhule for years to come, and you guys still grasp at straws. 

Please stop the stupidity. 

I can tell by their glances, grimaces and body language that there is a definite power shift.  Sure, Rhules contract is the same and Tepper has said its the same and Fitt has said its the same, but I just know from the bottom of heart that none of that is true.   All the good decisions this year have nothing to do with Rhule.  How do I know? Huddlemagic. 

If they actually do any decisions I disagree with, then I know that's Rhule, cause their eyes told me.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tvcbttusgbko5tw9v7

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

I was thinking the other day; whatever is included in Rhule's contract regarding control is legally binding ultimately only for the amount of money that Tepper's on the hook for, and, at the end of the day, that means little to Tepper. In other words, he could have told Rhule, "I don't give a fug what the contract says, you better take a back seat, or your ass is fired." He may not have said it in those words or in a mean manner, but he may have suggested it.

For all the stories about Rhule wanting to go back to college and not caring if he's fired, I think some of those stories were taken out of context if not outright media-driven exaggerations. I think that he wants to make it work. Hiring a pro staff and fading kind of in the periphery and letting guys do what they do best is a sign of growth. 

My hunch...not that it matters.

Dave:  Matt sit down with me for a minute.

Matt sits.

Dave:  Would you rather keep your job, or have control over the roster?

Matt squirms.

Dave:  That settles it then, can you ask Dan and Scott to step in here on your way out.  Thanks.

Brandon Smith is a high RAS score guy who fits the profile of what has been drafted in previous years when Rhule was supposedly more in charge.

Ultimately, I think a lot of people around here are choosing to believe what they want to believe with probably none of us really knowing for sure, this year or in previous years.

Everyone wants all of this to be so concrete when in reality the chances are that it is not.  There is a very good chance that Fitt might have made some of the final calls on some of the players last year and Rhule some this year.  Just because Rhule has "final say" doesn't mean he didn't go with any of Fitts idea this year.  Likewise Fitt might be running more of the show this year but that might not stop Rhule from getting his way on a certain pick.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, thefuzz said:

My hunch...not that it matters.

Dave:  Matt sit down with me for a minute.

Matt sits.

Dave:  Would you rather keep your job, or have control over the roster?

Matt squirms.

Dave:  That settles it then, can you ask Dan and Scott to step in here on your way out.  Thanks.

Practically speaking, even if Rhule could override everybody else in the organization, he still couldn't override the owner.

So basically, all it takes to overturn a Rhule decision is David Tepper saying "I agree with Scott".

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Was going to say something similar...

It was reported that there was an internal dispute going on over Mayfield. My theory was (and still is) that Rhule wanted Mayfield. Fitterer has expressed (repeatedly) that he views drafting and building around a quarterback as "the right way to do it".

I'd say Fitterer won the argument.

Fitt also said that Rhule was instrumental in getting the Pats to make the trade.