• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cut Darnold... Sign Vet QB to be a Mentor... Start Corral from Day 1

tukafan21

2 hours ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I don’t get it. What has cam done wrong off field?

He didn't necessarily do anything wrong, and I don't mean off the field in the sense of away from the facility, more about football related things but off the actual playing field.

I get it, you had to let Cam be Cam, if you forced him to be something he wasn't, it would have hurt him, but he could have been a little more focused at times, a little less "loose" in the locker room, and probably a little bit better of a film study/self improvement, particularly with his on-field decision making, but that comes in pre-game prep.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'm really getting the feeling that some of you are scared to let competition happen.. And I don't understand why??

If Matt beats Sam out it's a good thing right??

Evaluating a QB in camp or practice is not an exact science.  We want to ease Corral in,  the right way, which means, day one, Sam is our starter.  I am not buying tickets until we have a different starter.  Maybe preseason because Corral could be out there. 

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I want Darnold gone too, but without someone taking him off our hands, he's our starter next year.  Sam's days as a starter are numbered and we can finally put that mistake behind us. 

And Reality is Physical talent wise.. Darnold is solid competition for Corral.. And might be able to push him to be better..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

And Reality is Physical talent wise.. Darnold is solid competition for Corral.. And might be able to push him to be better..

With CMC, Dan Arnold, 2020 Robby and half the starting OL missing in action last year, not ALL of the crap offense could be placed on Darnold's shoulders.  Joe Brady was a mindless child, and Chubba "I can't catch" Hubbard was a 4th round rookie.  We did have Ian Thomas starting, so we had that going for us.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Based on what I know about Corral, I look forward to seeing how you approach him for years to come. 

From what my best friend back in MS, who attended Ole Miss and knows of him well, he’s as much confident and sure of himself as our past QB. We’ll see if you and others are consistent. 

Also, PJ is nowhere near as brash and outward. You only dislike PJ because others like him. That’s sad, but that’s always been your MO. For some reason, you just want to be opposite of everyone; a contrarian 

I don't like nor dislike PJ ... he sucks. That's all I feel about him.

As for Matt, as long as he acts like a decent human being and not a teenager and ends up making us a winner, I'm all for it. QB is such a high profile spot. People HATE A-rod, Brady, Brees, Matty Ice, etc. It's just par for the course. They hate the guy, not the player.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

It's just strange to be this triggered by athletes showing emotion. Maybe the NFL and NBA aren't for you if seeing that makes you miserable 🤷‍♂️

Who said anything about emotion? Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy? Jordan, Isaiah Thomas, Karl Malone, Kareem, Hakeem, Ewing, Bird ... those were professional men. It was guys like Iverson that sort of changed the way you could show your personality on the large stage. NFL ... Jerry Rice was a pro ... then you got T.O. and Moss acting like little kids. I was never even a fan of Phillip Rivers and all his BS.

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Who said anything about emotion? Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy? Jordan, Isaiah Thomas, Karl Malone, Kareem, Hakeem, Ewing, Bird ... those were professional men. It was guys like Iverson that sort of changed the way you could show your personality on the large stage. NFL ... Jerry Rice was a pro ... then you got T.O. and Moss acting like little kids. I was never even a fan of Phillip Rivers and all his BS.

Ultimately it's entertainment. If I find myself that unhappy with elements of a sport that are inconsequential to the outcome I'll just stop watching. But fortunately I do not so if we have a QB who is confident and can bring some intensity back to this offense I would be completely on board with that.

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

Ultimately it's entertainment. If I find myself that unhappy with elements of a sport that are inconsequential to the outcome I'll just stop watching. But fortunately I do not so if we have a QB who is confident and can bring some intensity back to this offense I would be completely on board with that.

The crazy thing is I've been an Auburn fan for like 30 years.

59 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

lol Jordan is nothing like any of the guys you named. Jordan was cocky, confident, and would let you know he was great. He acted like, you know, superstars act. He’s more like Phillip Rivers and Cam than any of them. But yea, if you don’t like Rivers, then you’re not going to like Corral. Can’t wait to witness it. 

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

Are you going to call his detractors racist?

Do I have a history of doing that? I’ve never called anyone on this section of the forum one, and I’ve only used it on 2 posters in the TB: 

Good luck to your boy Darnold lol. 

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I'm really getting the feeling that some of you are scared to let competition happen.. And I don't understand why??

If Matt beats Sam out it's a good thing right??

Straight up legit competition? I’m still not sure Sam can actually beat PJ. 

I don’t want the rookie to start week one and us ruin him.   But QB wise I fully expect he can make more plays than Sam by mid season.   Game speed will take awhile.   And he will make mistakes.  Probably on par with Sam in that department.  But I think he has instant offensive upside compared to Sam. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Do I have a history of doing that? I’ve never called anyone on this section of the forum one, and I’ve only used it on 2 posters in the TB: 

Good luck to your boy Darnold lol. 

I wouldn't call Sam my. Boy

I do think he's physically talented and think he deserves a shot to compete for the starting job

• Pie 1