• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport says it could have been Pickett

Mr. Scot

Generally speaking, if you have the confidence to pick a QB at #6 overall and be a franchise Quarterback, then an LT (or any other position for that matter) isn't going to stop you from taking him.

I highly doubt this is true.

Edited by Lout

“Ultimately they decided his hands were too small and he could only hold 12oz beers, while Corral, the raging alcoholic was known previously as Matty 40 hands”- RapSheet report

These guys spew bullshit, definition of talking heads 

Edited by Swaggasaurus
  • Beer 1

Rhule doesn't have "final say"...

...has never had "final say"...

...and never will have "final say"...

...that inalienable right resides solely with the man who writes the checks -- the owner -- Mr. David A. Tepper 👊.

That's just the Way it is...🤘

There is so much draft speak and misdirection with teams before the draft, no one on the 4 letter network knows what each individual team is going to do for sure. They hit on an educated guess once in a while, but otherwise nahhhh.   Look at all the mock drafts and how often they are complete trash by the 4th pick or so.

It's easy after the fact for them to say this or that.

John Ellis pretty much closed the door on this, saying multiple insiders denied the idea of Pickett at six. Maybe in a trade down.

But I get it, we are supposed to hate the FO, so whatever narrative we can find to re-inforce the idea must be true.

Ellis confirms there wasn't a solid consensus on the QB spot, which is likely the best explanation for what happened behind the scenes...

We had heard that Rhule and Tepper liked Pickett. Verge said scouts liked Willis. Fitterer might have preferred Corral but not necessarily over one of the best tackles (and heaven knows he's got experience with non first round quarterbacks).

My question would be who made the final decision, and my guess would be Scott Fitterer, and if he indeed got his way over Matt Rhule, well... 🤔

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ellis confirms there wasn't a solid consensus on the QB spot, which is likely the best explanation for what happened behind the scenes...

We had heard that Rhule and Tepper liked Pickett. Verge said scouts liked Willis. Fitterer might have preferred Corral but not necessarily over one of the best tackles (and heaven knows he's got experience with non first round quarterbacks).

My question would be who made the final decision, and my guess would be Scott Fitterer, and if he indeed got his way over Matt Rhule, well... 🤔

The GM should get final say over the head coach for draft picks. Hopefully that is the way it went down.

Maybe they drew straws and it came up Corral? It really doesn't matter because it was a push on which one may succeed. After that they would just have to wait to see how the draft fell.

They knew Pittsburgh was taking either Pickett or Willis so those two were scratched. It was just a matter of hoping Corral made it out of the 1st. 

As the draft unfolded I was so happy that they didn't get antsy and cough up a haul for one of the remaining projects. I'm sure they wanted to but cooler heads prevailed. 

tyler perry madea GIF

So now they sweated through the 2nd round and Corral and Howell are mysteriously still their and fans were wondering how they got this so wrong. But Fitterer said enough is enough, we have to get the short straw guy now because someone is going to take a chance on this guy and traded up with our old pal Bilicheat.

They rest as they say is history. 

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

Well, I mean it's not like the various personalities (and egos) in the draft room were all just gonna sit down and sing Kumbaya together.

(especially not when somebody's job might be on the line)

Guys who have been in a draft room would tell you the atmosphere sometimes gets...contentious 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot