• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 7 Pick 242: Kalon Barnes, CB, Baylor

Icege

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Snow said he wanted another S--we have CBs out the ass.  Is there a chance they convert this "ball hawk" to S where he is facing the LOS?

There must have been no S from Baylor. What a Fhule. 

• Poo 1

Another Temple/Baylor guy.  We all know that Fitt took over this year because those losers be gone and you know, you can see it in their eyes and stuff.  Glad that Reddick guy hit the bricks.    Looks like one slipped through.  This pick is Rhules, cause I liked the other picks and I don't care about this one.

• Poo 1

31 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Another Temple/Baylor guy.  We all know that Fitt took over this year because those losers be gone and you know, you can see it in their eyes and stuff.  Glad that Reddick guy hit the bricks.    Looks like one slipped through.  This pick is Rhules, cause I liked the other picks and I don't care about this one.

Just out of curiosity, how many 7th round picks have you cared about over the years?  For me, the answer would be exactly one, and then we stupidly traded the player to Kansas City.

• Pie 6

9 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Just out of curiosity, how many 7th round picks have you cared about over the years?  For me, the answer would be exactly one, and then we stupidly traded the player to Kansas City.

Sorry. I should have added the /sarc tag.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Not sure I agree on that. He’s not CMC taking handoffs. If you are trying to pinball back and forth that much, you are going to take a viscous hit. That gives the coverage team time to get to you or for any seam to close. On a return, you are trying to find and hit the open seams and get through or around them as fast as possible. Maybe one cut to make the first guy miss, more on punt returns, but on most great kick returns it’s about speed and finding the right seam. You don’t see much of any juking on kick returns and there is no first guy in your face like punt returns.

I’d think punt returns need more of the juking at the start and honestly probably require more experience to know when to field the punt, when to call fair catch and be able to go from looking up to finding an opening. Kick returns seem like a simpler learning curve that requires more speed and vision than any type of juking.

You've got a point there.But experience tells us agility may force miss tackle.We will see in training camp.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Day 1, I’m working with him on returns. No idea if he was ever considered but that straight line speed is huge in returns. He didn’t have a ton of interceptions but he showed some ball skills on the highlights. He can get his position work, but give the man some return practice as well. I’d tell him go find your K/P at Baylor and practice with them before camp. 

Kick returns perhaps.  On the punt team, seems like he might be a good candidate for gunner.

As previously mentioned, Barnes used to be a WR before converting to CB. Someone here mentioned before that sometimes that’s an indication of poor hands (not always but sometimes)… that could be a reason why he doesn’t return kicks or punts.

He was already a gunner so I’d say that it’s more likely that will be where he earns his keep and the Panthers will continue to search for kick returner/punt returner.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

38 minutes ago, Tyler Waves said:

Why?

It was sarcasm.  The post below it  I said I should have put the /sarc tag on.    We loved Robby two years ago, we loved Reddick last year.  The derision on Temple/Baylor picks is just more Rhule hatred.

• Pie 2
  • The D 1