• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports gives Carolina a C- for the Draft

chknwing

Seems about right to me, maybe even too high of a grade when you look at the entirety of our 2022 Draft Picks.

We left the draft itself with 1 player who will help us win games this year, our 2nd and 4th rounders went for Darnold, and our 3rd rounder went for our nickel CB, not to mention we traded next year's 3rd plus another 4th this year to take someone who literally might be replaced by our first round pick next year.

I absolutely LOVE the Ickey pick and give that pick an A++++ grade by itself, but beyond that, particularly when you add in the trades we made with this year's picks, the rest of the draft was probably a D at best.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

It's probably a C/D-ish grade for me.

Basically Ikey and Corral. Highly unlikely any of those other guys will be Panthers in 4 years.

Ikey I feel good about and Corral is a decent gamble that we overpaid for. That puts the pressure on Corral to pan out, which I don't like. Bare minimum he should be a day one upgrade from Walker.

Definitely felt like a Hurney draft.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 5

Just now, kungfoodude said:

It's probably a C/D-ish grade for me.

Basically Ikey and Corral. Highly unlikely any of those other guys will be Panthers in 4 years.

Ikey I feel good about and Corral is a decent gamble that we overpaid for. That puts the pressure on Corral to pan out, which I don't like. Bare minimum he should be a day one upgrade from Walker.

Definitely felt like a Hurney draft.

youre a tough sale.

personally loved both years, finneserereererr is a value monster and thats me as well.FRoLRHkWQAAD02M.thumb.jpeg.80f954e4bb0c2d4bd19711c9ef5efc5e.jpeg

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

youre a tough sale.

personally loved both years, finneserereererr is a value monster and thats me as well.FRoLRHkWQAAD02M.thumb.jpeg.80f954e4bb0c2d4bd19711c9ef5efc5e.jpeg

We definitely disagree on 2021. Time will tell. My growing suspicion is that we don't have people that are very good at talent evaluation. 

Those trade value charts look good on spreadsheets but they don't win on Sundays. Hence our records.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, if the grade takes into account that we traded our 2nd, 3rd and 4th (or original pick) then we’ll get a decent mark but if the grade is for total impact we goy Iky and the potential of Corral. Other than that every other pick is most likely a backup.

Actually, if you take into account what we traded for, it's probably an F grade.

• Poo 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

We definitely disagree on 2021. Time will tell. My growing suspicion is that we don't have people that are very good at talent evaluation. 

Those trade value charts look good on spreadsheets but they don't win on Sundays. Hence our records.

Gimme me til the 2023 for 2021 and 2024 for 2022, we will revisit..

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Not really. If you take the Homer glasses off you come down to how many starters did we get. Last year, I liked it after the draft, aside from Trey Smith and our overall aversion to quality OL. The actual results were that Horn played a couple games and we got barely an impact from the other 10 picks.

This year we have Iky and a hope on Corral. I liked this draft as well because we were already behind the 8-ball having pick 6 and then a bunch of late day 3 picks. If Corral becomes our guy, it was solid draft. If Corral doesn’t, the last two drafts could easily be Horn and Iky. I really hope more guys step up to make our drafts look way better but you could look at the teams with multiple firsts this year and if they hit, their firsts could end up having as much as our 17 picks in the last two years.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer because our draft picks this year were hard to overcome even if it was our own fault. Here’s to hoping we get some surprises and some of last year’s rookies make a big leap.

The whole picture is in my view, along with no judgement until the two FULL NFL off-seasons are in the books. I take in the fact about the panthers not having 2 or 3 this year. QB, LT, and DE??? plus 10 highly rated players in 2021. You guys are trippin....... I will not hide if wrong tho, so put a bookmark on this. 

Quote me in the future- loved both, never felt this during any hernaiy draft.