• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A quote I'm happy to hear

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's the model they want to follow...or at least the one that Fitterer wants to follow.

The actual execution of it might get a whole lot better if certain changes are made next year.

We hope. I am starting to come to grips with the reality that Tepper really is far dumber than we think and does buy into what Rhule is selling him.

He might indeed be here for the long term, regardless of results.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

We hope. I am starting to come to grips with the reality that Tepper really is far dumber than we think and does buy into what Rhule is selling him.

He might indeed be here for the long term, regardless of results.

It's possible, I know.

But a pretty good portion of what we've seen lately seems to indicate Fitterer has more influence over the team than he used to.

That's encouraging.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

It’s kind of a no-sh*t comment. You can’t compete in the NFL if you don’t develop the players you draft. 

The Patriots did for a long time.

Years of sh-tty drafting did finally catch up to them in the last few seasons.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's possible, I know.

But a pretty good portion of what we've seen lately seems to indicate Fitterer has more influence over the team than he used to.

That's encouraging.

I disagree because of the previously referenced differences in fundamental philosophy regarding drafting. He would rather have two nickels than a dime. I just disagree with that.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I disagree because of the previously referenced differences in fundamental philosophy regarding drafting. He would rather have two nickels than a dime. I just disagree with that.

It's worked for the Seahawks.

Honestly, either approach can work. What really matters is that you pick the right players.