• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The flaw in the following thinking

Centerfield

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

That'd be pretty heavily contingent on us not having any other big needs though.

If we are in the top 5/10 range and there is a solid prospect there I think we take him. Don’t let the 3rd round guy cause us to miss on another prospect unless he some how proves he is the guy his rookie year which is highly unlikely. If they both turn out great we can flip the lesser for picks. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

If we are in the top 5/10 range and there is a solid prospect there I think we take him. Don’t let the 3rd round guy cause us to miss on another prospect unless he some how proves he is the guy his rookie year which is highly unlikely. If they both turn out great we can flip the lesser for picks. 

Possible, but if the quarterback isn't part of the reason we're losing, I wouldn't necessarily look to replace him.

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Possible, but if the quarterback isn't part of the reason we're losing, I wouldn't necessarily look to replace him.

Agreed, but it could be argued since we couldn't run the ball last year, and Joe Brady was a child, that the QB wasn't the ONLY reason we lost last year. 

A rookie QB is very unlikely to shine, so if Corral starts and we suck, he's going to take some blame, even if its not all on him.

5 hours ago, cmichd08 said:

Maybe allow Donald to start, and after a few weeks if is still the same old Sam with this line. Then put Corral in and see what happens.  No reason to throw Corral to the wolves right away.  They didn't start Kerry right away.  You are correct this is the last year of Sam in Carolina.

I don't know how much I consider it throwing him to the wolves if he is just plain better.

That's what I mean, if he wins the job....he's the guy. He's gonna have some growing pains if he starts in Game 1 or Game 14. 

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I disagree with that bolded part. By all accounts, Sam is a true professional. There is a very real chance that Sam could be an excellent mentor. 

As a general rule. QBs are not the most eager of mentors.

I can't agree with that. Cam came back and outclassed Sam by miles AND showed us just how good of a leader of men he is. Learn THAT.

Sam's a cool guy. I get it.

I think if you were to go through the projected starting quarterbacks for the upcoming 2022 season, you'd find many got their first start before week 8 of their rookie year. 

If I have time tonight, I will try to put together the data. 

I don't know about week one but Corral has to be starting by week 8. 

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

I think if you were to go through the projected starting quarterbacks for the upcoming 2022 season, you'd find many got their first start before week 8 of their rookie year. 

If I have time tonight, I will try to put together the data. 

I don't know about week one but Corral has to be starting by week 8. 

I'd be interested to know, how MANY starts they had their first year, not if they started a game before week 8.

• Pie 1