• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Personnel staff changes?

Mr. Scot

It's the time of year for that sort of thing.

Some speculation on that front...

First off, we have an opening to fill. The Panthers parted ways with Pro Personnel Director (and Jerry Richardson grandson) Matt Allen. They'll want to fill that role, and one guy with both Scott Fitterer and Carolina Panthers connections who I'd love to see come aboard is Seattle personnel guy Trent Kirchner. Given his current title in Seattle though, I don't know if he's an option. Could also look to somebody from Dan Morgan's history since pro personnel is kind of this thing.

Second, many of us have been coveting Kevin Colbert pretty much since David Tepper bought the team. With the draft finished, his Steelers contract is officially over, and he's made clear in recent months that he's "stepping down" as opposed to retiring. That could translate into a lesser role with the Steelers, or possibly a job with someone else. Could he come here in a consultant type role? Don't know, but I think it'd be great if he did.

Kinda related to that, the news that Scott Fitterer has been given the go ahead to basically reshape the personnel department as he sees fit tells me that Tepper trusts him. He and Morgan both have connections to people I'd love to see part of the Panthers organization (Lake Dawson and the aforementioned Kirchner for example) so I'll be watching to see who they could bring in.

For those interested in this sort of thing, Neal Stratton (@InsideTheLeague) is a good follow.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

Why do I have the gut feeling that Ben MacAdoo and/or Steve Wilks weren't just brought in to be oc/secondary coach but possibly to be Rhule's successor? 

It's possible, or if not "successor" at least "interim".

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Preferably a beach house in NC not South Carolina 

It's been a while since I lived (or even visited) Brunswick County but from all that I gathered from my friends from high school and family that lives down there is that it is booming. I could totally see Colbert buying a beach house on Holden Beach or Ocean Isle Beach