• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TOP HIGH SCHOOL QB TRANSFERS AFTER FIGHT WITH WAYNE GRETZKY'S SON

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Especially to athletes like a top 5 rated QB.

A lot of these private "schools" are basically just college prep schools for scholarship athletes. Keep you academically eligible while you focus on sports. They hand out scholarships to kids headed to P5 D1 schools to use their history of big time scholarship athletes get tuition money from Karen and Kyle who think little Jimmy has a future in sports and maybe the school can use their connections to get Jimmy an offer from SW Arkansas A&M Tech.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A lot of these private "schools" are basically just college prep schools for scholarship athletes. Keep you academically eligible while you focus on sports. They hand out scholarships to kids headed to P5 D1 schools to use their history of big time scholarship athletes get tuition money from Karen and Kyle who think little Jimmy has a future in sports and maybe the school can use their connections to get Jimmy an offer from SW Arkansas A&M Tech.

Knew a kid who went to one of those. His parents were doctors in New York.

When one of them got hit with a malpractice suit and he ended up being moved to a tiny high School in West Virginia, let's just say he wasn't the happiest person.

3 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Fist fights build character. I don’t see how it’s possible to traverse youth without getting in one. 

I was in alot of fights when I was young.  But I remember being in 2 altercations that were in opposite ends of the spectrum.  I remember being in a fight with a kid who was clearly overmatched.  My heart didn't allow me to whip him, because he had no clue what he had stepped into.  I threw some punches and pushed him around, but my heart wasn't into it.  He had no chance.  It didn't seem right.

Fast forward years later.  I lost my temper and all rational thought left my head.  I pushed and squared up on a particular guy, and he just laughed and let me calm down.  In the moment it made perfect sense to challenge this guy.  Afterwards I calmed down and realized I had written a death sentence, but he was kind enough to just laugh it off and move on.  I am thankful to him for that.  

7 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

I was in alot of fights when I was young.  But I remember being in 2 altercations that were in opposite ends of the spectrum.  I remember being in a fight with a kid who was clearly overmatched.  My heart didn't allow me to whip him, because he had no clue what he had stepped into.  I threw some punches and pushed him around, but my heart wasn't into it.  He had no chance.  It didn't seem right.

Fast forward years later.  I lost my temper and all rational thought left my head.  I pushed and squared up on a particular guy, and he just laughed and let me calm down.  In the moment it made perfect sense to challenge this guy.  Afterwards I calmed down and realized I had written a death sentence, but he was kind enough to just laugh it off and move on.  I am thankful to him for that.  

Uhm that's cool man 

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

cool story, bro Meaning & Origin | Slang by Dictionary.com

• Poo 1

5 hours ago, FattyFatFat said:

FWIW I saw in a Reddit post that Corral beat the poo out of him. Gretzky’s son has a very punchable face. 

Hes also nothing like his father the NHL goat... Not surprising since he wasn't born until after Wayne retired grew up a pompous azzhat I'm sure and didn't even attempt to fallow in his dad's footsteps.

5 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

From the account I've read, Gretzky was one of a bunch of rich kids at the school that treated others badly and waved their parents' money around.

I don't like violence, but I might have let Corral get a couple of shots in on Tristan Gretzky before breaking it up.  

And the school? None other than Oaks Christian in Westlake Village, CA. Home of Jimmy Clausen. Take that FWIW.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1