• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you're Rhule what QB gives you the best avenue to keeping your job

Centerfield

I would try to do a Baker/Sam swap straight even. Cleveland gets rid of a disgruntled Baker and replaces him with Sam who costs just as much but without the drama. Carolina gets Baker who may not be the future but can't really be much worse than Sam. Salaries are a wash. Cleveland has no leverage with Corral as our 3rd round pick. It's basically trading for a shiny new turd, but if we're talking about best chance of winning, it would make some sense for Rhule. 

11 hours ago, Centerfield said:

Darnold? .. nah

A third round rookie QB from a feeble QB class? .. definitely nah

Baker Mayfield? Jimmy G? .. nah

You're really fooling yourself if you think the answer is anyone but Cam

bUt hE bEnChED CaM fOr SaM

Yes, because defensive lines were teeing off on our QB's - put Sam out for that, not Cam - and losing was ideal anyway, which Darnold gave you the best chance to lose ..

So don't give me the RhUlE hAtEs CaM narrative because he kept Cam from getting killed further behind trash protection in garbage time of the season games

Sign Cam to a team friendly deal, then let him, Darnold, Corral, and whoever else fight it out to start. Let the best man win. That said, I wouldn’t expect much from Cam. As a passer he’s looked finished these past two seasons with the Patriots and us. 

I wouldn’t count out Corral. The class has talent, it’s just not generational talent. Maybe one or more of this class can emerge as a legitimate starting quarterback and prove the doubters wrong. Alternatively, maybe this class lives alongside the EJ Manuel and Geno Smith class. Either way, we won’t know until they’ve been given a chance.