• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions on Corrals game

Jmac

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

As a long time Spartan. I can endorse this statement.

Yeah.. Brady coming out had no where near the athleticism or arm talent of Corral..

If Corral has 10% of the mental game and crazy, lunatic competitiveness Brady has.. He'll be okay..

• Beer 2

31 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I would like to try to model the game after the Titans 

Kinda off topic but since you mentioned that, don't you think it's strange we just built a road grading O-line that would destroy our small/fast D-line? I think they're getting somewhere with the offensive identity but I really don't understand the D-line situation

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Kinda off topic but since you mentioned that, don't you think it's strange we just built a road grading O-line that would destroy our small/fast D-line? I think they're getting somewhere with the offensive identity but I really don't understand the D-line situation

Maybe they’re hoping iron sharpens iron during training 

9 hours ago, John_Sutter said:

Based on how much time the defense was on the field last season, Rhule’s publicly stated desire to run the ball more, and McAdoo’s previous schemes, I think we’ll favor ball control and ToP over bigger chunk plays. I also expect us to be more effective at converting 4th and shorts.

We have the personnel to do it, hopefully we execute. 

While I agree with the post, a lot had to do with no CMC and not a good OL. We just didn't have the horses to do that last year, especially when they fired Brady.

9 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It was important to get a back that can carry the work load should McCaffrey go down again. With as much 11 personnel that McAdoo runs, an RB who is a threat is a must.

I fully expect teams to jam our wide outs and bring the safety’s down since a lot of routes will be short routes. If CMC and and Foreman get to the second level on their runs then they might take quite a few of them the distance.

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

D'Onta Foreman is a bruiser and he's got hands, won't the same kinda drop off as last year if CMC goes down in that regard. 

Not quite sure why y'all are discounting Chuba. If he makes it to the second level, he'll be a terror. Last year's O-line was pretty much sh¡t, and he flashed enough to show that he's a capable backup. He needs to get his hands right.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not quite sure why y'all are discounting Chuba. If he makes it to the second level, he'll be a terror. Last year's O-line was pretty much sh¡t, and he flashed enough to show that he's a capable backup. He needs to get his hands right.

Agree. My expectation/hope is Chubba improves in the passing game.  I think he possesses the running game to be a key guy down the stretch. 

24 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah Chuba looked good behind our terrible OL last year. He is going to be a good RB to come in for CMC. We finally got a decent OL for them both to run behind now we just need to limit CMC’s snaps and hopefully he can stay healthy. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think Chuba could be a fine running back but he needs to show a lot more in the passing game. Our offense is contingent on running backs being able to catch the ball out of the backfield and his catch % is pretty brutal.

Foreman seems to be a better fit for what we are trying to do.

Not saying that Hubbard won’t have a role but it’s contingent on him being able to become a dual threat RB.

Edited by MillionDollarCam