• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the meaning of pie

Tyler Waves

🥧

I get it's used in the place of a like button, but I feel like I'm missing some critical reference or something. I'm just a little lost here.

This forum should have some FAQ thread because the posting permissions were also a bit confusing. Anyway thanks

• Pie 1

Once there was no pie here. Then, one day, poof there it was, replacing the old system of thumbs up and whatnot. 

And basically, everything counts as pie except for poo which counts for poo. 

Wish there was a more concise explanation that made sense, but that's what we've got.

And we have pie because the cake turned out to be a lie.

• Pie 3

11 hours ago, Tyler Waves said:

🥧

I get it's used in the place of a like button, but I feel like I'm missing some critical reference or something. I'm just a little lost here.

This forum should have some FAQ thread because the posting permissions were also a bit confusing. Anyway thanks

Yeah, Pie is just a replacement for a like, thumbs up, upvote, etc. There used to just be pie but through the years other options have been added that you can use to your liking as you deem situationally appropriate but everything except for Poo counts towards positive reputation.

Once upon a time your reputation actually had real consequences. If you went far enough into the negative you were banished to only being allowed to post in the "smack" subsection - a now long defunct sub forum meant for poo talking with rival fan bases. 

• Pie 3
  • The D 1

12 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Once there was no pie here. Then, one day, poof there it was, replacing the old system of thumbs up and whatnot. 

And basically, everything counts as pie except for poo which counts for poo. 

Wish there was a more concise explanation that made sense, but that's what we've got.

And we have pie because the cake turned out to be a lie.

12 hours ago, Floppin said:

Yeah, Pie is just a replacement for a like, thumbs up, upvote, etc. There used to just be pie but through the years other options have been added that you can use to your liking as you deem situationally appropriate but everything except for Poo counts towards positive reputation.

Once upon a time your reputation actually had real consequences. If you went far enough into the negative you were banished to only being allowed to post in the "smack" subsection - a now long defunct sub forum meant for poo talking with rival fan bases. 

Thank you gentlemen

200.gif

• Pie 1

this thread has been posted many times over the years and this is the first time I can remember that it's actually garnering serious responses 

Usually it's just 

"Pie is eternal." 

"What's not to love about pie" 

etc. 

What is pie?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

Baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me
No more
What is pie?
Yeah

No, I don't know why you're not fair
I give you my pie, but you don't care
So what is right and what is wrong?
Gimme a sign

What is pie?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

What is pie?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

Whoa, whoa, oh
Whoa, whoa, oh

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Which alt is this 

Never had an account here before

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

What is pie?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

Baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me
No more
What is pie?
Yeah

No, I don't know why you're not fair
I give you my pie, but you don't care
So what is right and what is wrong?
Gimme a sign

What is pie?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

What is pie?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

Whoa, whoa, oh
Whoa, whoa, oh

interesting

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It's 2022 ... how can someone not grasp the concept of pie? Unless ... can someone be too young to not understand forums and whatnot?

perplexed GIF by Molly Kate Kestner

Ive helped build multiple forums including one built on IPS, like this one and I don't think I've ever come across one using Pie reacts lol. I just wasn't sure whether or not it was some obscure Panthers fan joke or something. But in context of this site I'm pretty young sure 

Edited by Tyler Waves

On 5/2/2022 at 5:04 PM, Floppin said:

Thanks for the answer - I was also interested in the meaning of those button, but first answer in this topic didn't make it clear 😄

• Pie 1