• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What to do with remaining cap room?

Reebis21

32 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Overpriced - injury prone - getting (football) old looking for longer deal - poor work ethic 

No thanks

He had 11 sacks last year and 2 forced fumbles.  He's going to want to get paid in Reddick territory, so it isn't happening.

20 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

this remaining cap room makes it more frustrating we did not re-sign Reddick. one of the most underrated pass rushers. a shame. 

I have a feeling his numbers will crash back down to reality this year. His biggest reason for success was Burns. 

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

He had 11 sacks last year and 2 forced fumbles.  He's going to want to get paid in Reddick territory, so it isn't happening.

Not that it matters but Pro Football Reference shows 9 sacks - wonder why it is different? 

Either way there is a reason he has been on 4 different teams the last 4 years and is still on the market - anyone still available right now has a reason.  In his case it is an absolute heck no!  I have said it since he was drafted and he has proven to be not worth it for 8 years.

I really wanted former New Orleans Saints free agent safety Marcus Williams but he  has agreed to a five-year, $70 million deal with the Baltimore Ravens.

I suppose his high price tag was more than the Panthers were willing to pay.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I have a feeling his numbers will crash back down to reality this year. His biggest reason for success was Burns. 

U don’t think Fletcher Cox and Jordan Davis  could provide the same kind of assistance as Burns provided?

They should just hang onto that space until some vets get cut in training camp and beef up the depth on the roster. A bigger DE with run stooping ability would be nice. Not sure if Ioannidis is going to line up at DE or DT. Teams ate the Panthers run defense alive last year. 

1 hour ago, ericr0319 said:

this remaining cap room makes it more frustrating we did not re-sign Reddick. one of the most underrated pass rushers. a shame. 

Yeah but we could only have one, Reddick or Burns, they just were both too small to have both. Got ran on at will last season.