• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good insight into the Panthers trade for Corral

Jaxel

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

Sounds like they just liked Coral as a person a bit better. 

That maturity seemed to be what they leaned on seems like a bonus going into a professional job, especially nfl quarterback. Adversity makes you tougher let’s see how it plays out.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Or the narratives was correct and he got humbled and learned and changed for the better..

He did say he was impatient and idiot..

the hardest thing for any owner or manager to do is to trust someone working for you to do their job and not get too involved yourself. the temptation to micromanage is hard to overcome.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

So Tepper is the one looking making sure that the team doesn't do anything desperate, which is so much different than the narrative that a lot of people around here want to create.

Also, he seems to be part of the decision process, but at the same time he lets his people do their jobs.  He seems to be more concerned in making sure the process is well thought out.

He about gave the store away for a sexual predator quarterback.  That is by definition desperation to my way of thinking.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

That maturity seemed to be what they leaned on seems like a bonus going into a professional job, especially nfl quarterback. Adversity makes you tougher let’s see how it plays out.

you fight through all that and you become a fighter by identity. that's a key part in being a good QB, imo. you don't quit and that seems to fit in really well with other people's assessment of him as a relentless competitor. 

i watched some games of his that things got pretty ugly, including things that he did but what i didn't see was a guy who quit or got too frazzled. he just pushed and always gave his team a chance (which is something i didn't really see in sammy at all).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

56 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

He about gave the store away for a sexual predator quarterback.  That is by definition desperation to my way of thinking.

This is another reason why I think Tepper got humbled..

For a billionaire having multiple ppl say no (1 person twice when you bent over backwards to show how much you wanted him) to taking your money has to be embarrassing and very humbling....

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

This is another reason why I think Tepper got humbled..

For a billionaire having multiple ppl say no (1 person twice when you bent over backwards to show how much you wanted him) to taking your money has to be embarrassing and very humbling....

But wasn't the story that he wouldn't fully guarantee the contract like Cleveland did--otherwise the trade would have happened here instead of Cleveland? I still think the assets traded were minimal compared to what Houston thought they'd get (no young players at all). It was the guaranteed money in the end that stopped that deal, and well, Tepper easily speaks that language. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, poorboysrev said:

I saw Howell on Good Morning Football saying he’s never eaten any kind of meat but chicken. No burgers , hot dogs, steaks, fish ever…maybe that was the kicker ha

No wonder the Panthers "Chickened" out drafting him when they had the chance. ha ha

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

the hardest thing for any owner or manager to do is to trust someone working for you to do their job and not get too involved yourself. the temptation to micromanage is hard to overcome.

True!!  The Cowboys Jerry Jones and the Raiders late Al Davis are prime examples of NFL owners that often made mistakes by being a micromanager.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, CRA said:

I think the Mayfield thing was probably Tepper just learning that his impatience has caused him to make a several bad deals.  Getting a rep for it.  So he actually didn't get ripped off for once.  But it still IMO is a sign of desperation that they were going for Baker.  Never sounded like either sided really wanted to be together to begin with but Carolina was still largely trying to make it happen because we keep doing the same thing on repeat. 

Browns probably were trying to rip off a desperate team. Why wouldn't you based on what you have seen from this front office.   Tepper finally didn't take the horrible deal. 

if the new narrative is that Tepper makes sure all things are well thought out....that's a tough sell based on Teppers actions as owner.  From Sam to RH and everything inbetween IMO. 

So, no credit for learning from his prior mistakes?  That's a pretty high bar that few people can get over...

48 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

But wasn't the story that he wouldn't fully guarantee the contract like Cleveland did--otherwise the trade would have happened here instead of Cleveland? I still think the assets traded were minimal compared to what Houston thought they'd get (no young players at all). It was the guaranteed money in the end that stopped that deal, and well, Tepper easily speaks that language. 

He said no last season as well.. And even with the 2nd best money deal we weren't in the top 2 choices at the end of the day..

So we can act like the 230 mil would have swung him to us.. Maybe . But he wasn't asking Atlanta or the Saints to pay that much I promise.. And they were in the final 2..