• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 2022 Quarterback Slide

Mr. Scot

Just now, CRA said:

the 2023 QB picture is going to look a lot different next April than it does today. 

Just look at who was projected to win the Heisman at the start of last season.   

No argument. I was more looking at who the teams are that might be targeting QBs early. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Darknight said:

If you think about this logically, that's the only thing that make sense. They are basically saying this season is a wash without actually saying it. Drew Locke? Really?

I may be hard to believe but that is the only thing that make sense to me. They are getting their QB next year.

It's called the silent tank.   

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Here's who PFF is thinking will draft one early next year.

McKee is a bit unexpected.  He needs to make a major leap even with his upside.  6'6 230, sure, but 15 tds and leading Stanford to what like 3-10 does not compute for a top prospect.  

Will be SUPER interested to see who pops from the Levis/Haener/McCall/Richardson/Van Dyke crowd.

• Pie 1

Just now, davos said:

McKee is a bit unexpected.  He needs to make a major leap even with his upside.  6'6 230, sure, but 15 tds and leading Stanford to what like 3-10 does not compute for a top prospect.  

Will be SUPER interested to see who pops from the Levis/Haener/McCall/Richardson/Van Dyke crowd.

Van Duke and McCall to me are the most interesting past cj and Bryce.  Also the kid from Florida is getting major pub

Just now, davos said:

that's weird mock.  I bet 3 cents a Clemson defensive lineman goes in the top 10 too. 

8 minutes ago, Darknight said:

If you think about this logically, that's the only thing that make sense. They are basically saying this season is a wash without actually saying it. Drew Locke? Really?

I may be hard to believe but that is the only thing that make sense to me. They are getting their QB next year.

Signs point to this being Carrols last season. They will let the new coach draft his QB.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Van Duke and McCall to me are the most interesting past cj and Bryce.  Also the kid from Florida is getting major pub

Richardson and Levis have my eye as well.  Those two along with Van Dyke and McCall could definitely have the catapult.  We're talking size, speed, passers, a lot less red flags than this year's class.

Haener is a wildcard for me.  He's a bit shorter but he throws some absolute dimes and has led a lot of comeback wins.  

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

In a nutshell it ain't pretty for successful qbs past 2nd

Situations matter too. High picks typically go to bad teams. Later picks typically go to better teams.