• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral is here because of Ben McAdoo

Zod

Well okay then. He is your new OC and he should decide who he feels is the best to fit his system. Just glad that they all cleared out and let him choose of the QB's still available.

I guess now it's on him to teach the rook up.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Zod said:

On the radio today, Fitterer said they deferred to McAdoo's judgement on QBs, and he had Corral as QB1 

Seems like a much smarter path than listening to Phil Snow 

Which furthers the assumption Rhule wanted Baker to repeat the scenario for a 3rd straight year.   

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5
  • The D 1

1 minute ago, Jmac said:

Well okay then. He is your new OC and he should decide who he feels is the best to fit his system. Just glad that they all cleared out and let him choose of the QB's still available.

I guess now it's on him to teach the rook up.

That's the big thing. If he knows what he wants to do and who he wants to do it, then Rhule needs to let him. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Seriously, I was expecting to trade back, grab LT Penning from N Iowa or a Guard (and go with BC at LT), and then trade up into the early second round for the QB--expecting to get Howell or Corral. 
The only reason we waited is because we did not have the draft capital after taking Ewonu with no trade back.

The way they waited when 4 QBs were falling suggests to me that they did not have a single QB targeted--But to get Corral at the end of round 3?  That is a round and a half higher than where we got Clausen and about the same place where we drafted Grier.  NOT COMPARING THEM--but demonstrating the value.  It really does not matter where they were on our board, by the way, if they don't show up on the field.

• Pie 2