• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral is here because of Ben McAdoo

Zod

14 minutes ago, poundaway said:

CRA hates Rhule SO much, that when Rhule fires the idiot, all he cares about is Brady's career and how the poor guy got scapegoated, when the reality is,  Brady shouldn't have been here to begin with.  CRA is just a hater.

Rhule is just a bad NFL football coach.   Sorry that fact scrambles your brain.   Are you Matt Rhule's cousin? Only one of us is emtionally invested in these coaches. 

and you don't actually even read these posts you are replying to that you use to project.  I stated countless times Joe Brady should of never been hired by Matt Rhule lol. It made no sense. 

And Rhule has even confirmed it was essentially a PR move for excitment.  But again, that speaks to what a bad HC Matt Rhule is.  And Matt Rhule is the one employed here still.  So the discussion is going to be Matt Rhule's bad job.    

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady is just a tool people use to deflect from how bad Matt Rhule has been in Carolina. 

Joe Brady sucked last year.  I don't argue that.  But there was going to be no other outcome.  You have green passing OC.....and you supplied him with a bad OL, bad QB and a HC that doesn't want to pass lol.  Which brings us back to Matt Rhule. 

That is such a ridiculously laughable take that I truly cannot accept that you actually believe that.  It feels like you're arguing entirely in bad faith at this point.  Again, Matt Rhule is virtually unanimously hated across the board.  The most positive take I've seen about Rhule on these boards is along the lines of "hey what if Rhule miraculously ends up becoming a good coach this year because most of his responsibilities are stripped away?" lol.  You're fabricating this fake narrative that people are scapegoating Brady to defend Rhule because that's the only way your argument is defensible.  Otherwise if anyone takes the simple stance that Joe Brady sucked and deserved to be fired but also Rhule totally sucks and deserves to be fired too, then your position completely crumbles. Your initial argument that Brady was impressive and his offense led to almost every offensive skill player having career years was so untenable that you immediately abandoned it once you got even the slightest pushback questioning it.

You've alluded to one single person saying Brady was responsible for bringing in Darnold and you've somehow extrapolated that to a much broader narrative that poor Brady is getting thrown under the bus on these boards to prop up Rhule.  Did that person even say anything in praising Rhule while making that criticism?  If so, quote it.  It's crazy to me that you're a moderator of this message board and you seemingly have no idea of the prevailing sentiment here.

I'll make it simple for you because this is dragging on entirely too long:

Do you agree with the sentiment that Rhule is a terrible coach that deserves to be fired while also acknowledging that Brady was an ineffective OC that deserved to be fired?  If so, join the damn party and quit falling on your sword to white knight for Brady every chance that you get.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule is just a bad NFL football coach.   Sorry that fact scrambles your brain.   Are you Matt Rhule's cousin? Only one of us is emtionally invested in these coaches. 

and you don't actually even read these posts you are replying to that you use to project.  I stated countless times Joe Brady should of never been hired by Matt Rhule lol. It made no sense. 

And Rhule has even confirmed it was essentially a PR move for excitment.  But again, that speaks to what a bad HC Matt Rhule is.  And Matt Rhule is the one employed here still.  So the discussion is going to be Matt Rhule's bad job.    

Naw dude your entire defense of Brady is an appeal to emotion about how poor Brady was a victim who was thrown under the bus as a scapegoat for that vile despicable Matt Rhule to deflect from his personal failures.  Like there's nothing actually objective, rational, or substantive about your argument.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Naw dude your entire defense of Brady is an appeal to emotion about how poor Brady was a victim who was thrown under the bus as a scapegoat for that vile despicable Matt Rhule to deflect from his personal failures.  Like there's nothing actually objective, rational, or substantive about your argument.

I mean Joe Brady was and is used as a scapegoat. 

Him being a scapegoat doesn't then mean I think he was good or that he shouldn't of been fired.  

Joe Brady isn't here.  Matt Rhule is.  And when you talk about Joe Brady....it inevitably leads to Matt Rhule's flaws as a HC.  Matt Rhule hired an OC he shouldn't of.   On a OC that never fit what Matt Rhule wanted to do and was just to build excitement.   Matt Rhule couldn't even fire him and not botch the firing.  Firing Joe Brady did literally nothing last year.  It's Matt Rhule's dysfunctional vision/plans that are the primary and important issue.   

The real critique Teddy B had was of Matt Rhule's org/program.  It wasn't designed for NFL players to get what they needed.  And as Teddy B said, Brady wouldn't be able to grow under that structure.    

We are in this weird window where people want to break their backs to shield Tepper/Rhule for the shitshow we just witnessed last year.  

46 minutes ago, CRA said:

Him being a scapegoat doesn't then mean I think he was good or that he shouldn't of been fired.  

Joe Brady isn't here.  Matt Rhule is.  And when you talk about Joe Brady....it inevitably leads to Matt Rhule's flaws as a HC.  Matt Rhule hired an OC he shouldn't of.   On a OC that never fit what Matt Rhule wanted to do and was just to build excitement.   Matt Rhule couldn't even fire him and not botch the firing.  Firing Joe Brady did literally nothing last year.  It's Matt Rhule's dysfunctional vision/plans that are the primary and important issue.   

The real critique Teddy B had was of Matt Rhule's org/program.  It wasn't designed for NFL players to get what they needed.  And as Teddy B said, Brady wouldn't be able to grow under that structure.    

We are in this weird window where people want to break their backs to shield Tepper/Rhule for the shitshow we just witnessed last year.  

Seriously still with the Joe Brady shlt?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47s526ayvj7faralghz2

43 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Seriously still with the Joe Brady shlt?

Matt Rhule.   

Your just being loud about coaches not employed here so people don't talk about Matt Rhule and the mess he made.   Holla if you want talk about our coaches. 

7 hours ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady is just a tool people use to deflect from how bad Matt Rhule has been in Carolina. 

Joe Brady sucked last year.  I don't argue that.  But there was going to be no other outcome.  You have green passing OC.....and you supplied him with a bad OL, bad QB and a HC that doesn't want to pass lol.  Which brings us back to Matt Rhule. 

In-season replacement Nixon was worse and he is one of Rhules top hands....

• Flames 1

Wait a minute here...

...isn't McAdoo the washed-up no-good failed head-ball-coach who couldn't even get an NFL job for 2-years?

I mean the Huddle sentiment surrounding his hire was pretty much 100% negative, right?

Now we're thrilled because maybe Rhule/Tepper/Fitty threw him a bone by drafting a QB in round-3?

🤦‍♂️

I went on YouTube and watched several games from last season and can see the reasons why McAdoo likes him.

His quick release was on display.  He made some really nice throws and had many good passes dropped.  

What I really like was you could see he is a baller and was highly respected by his teammates for his toughness.  He made some mistakes but overall was a good QB.  Other than the Alabama game where his O-line was extremely overmatched he played well.  Also his fakes are very good and reminded me of Brees and his fakes.  He uses the check down well and will be much better with it when he knows CMC is that check down.

What I think he needs work on is pinpointing his deep throws a little better, but he has the arm for it. Also I would like to see him put some touch on some of his throws.  These are traits McAdoo will be able to fix.

I believe with good coaching and experience he will be a long time QB for us.

I'm excited. 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, CRA said:

Lol just stop man...you repeating the same line over and over again isn't gonna make it true.  You're 100% arguing in bad faith at this point which is disappointing.  Point to a single person/quote of someone breaking their back to shield Tepper/Rhule.  Everyone on these boards blames them wholeheartedly for our failures for the last two seasons.

You realize that by your own logic...when you trash Sam Darnold, you're deflecting blame from Matt Rhule, right?  Or by trashing Matt Rhule, you're deflecting blame from David Tepper?  I'm guessing you are unaware of your own flawed contradictions considering you trash Darnold and Rhule just as much as anyone else on these boards.  Everything you said about the Brady/Rhule relationship applies to Darnold/Rhule and Rhule/Tepper.  Unless your logic is entirely inconsistent, which appears to be the case. 

So let me slightly reframe what you said in your post above: "When you talk about Matt Rhule...it inevitably leads to Tepper's flaws as an owner.  David Tepper hired a HC he shouldn't of (sic)".  Therefore please tell us CRA...why are you scapegoating poor Matt Rhule? 

18 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Lol just stop man...you repeating the same line over and over again isn't gonna make it true.  You're 100% arguing in bad faith at this point which is disappointing.  Point to a single person/quote of someone breaking their back to shield Tepper/Rhule.  Everyone on these boards blames them wholeheartedly for our failures for the last two seasons.

You realize that by your own logic...when you trash Sam Darnold, you're deflecting blame from Matt Rhule, right?  Or by trashing Matt Rhule, you're deflecting blame from David Tepper?  I'm guessing you are unaware of your own flawed contradictions considering you trash Darnold and Rhule just as much as anyone else on these boards.  Everything you said about the Brady/Rhule relationship applies to Darnold/Rhule and Rhule/Tepper.  Unless your logic is entirely inconsistent, which appears to be the case. 

So let me slightly reframe what you said in your post above: "When you talk about Matt Rhule...it inevitably leads to Tepper's flaws as an owner.  David Tepper hired a HC he shouldn't of (sic)".  Therefore please tell us CRA...why are you scapegoating poor Matt Rhule? 

Sizzle, poundaway, and others.  There is a small group that are indeed breaking their back to defend our billionaire owner and bumbling college HC. 

Tepper and Matt Rhule are indeed the key problems, yes.  Not Sam Darnold.  Sam is a result of what you get when you have people that should be in charge, in charge.   Joe Brady is another example like Sam Darnold.  And if you read my post, I have said countless times Rhule should of never brought in Joe Brady.  Just like Matt Rhule should of never brought in Sam Darnold.

There is nothing we can do about David Tepper big picture.  David Tepper is the owner.  He isn't going away.  He isn't going to be replaced.  Tepper is the lone permanent fixture.  So to get a better Carolina Panthers you have to deal with the problems that can be fixed.  That's the HC.  

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sizzle, poundaway, and others.  There is a small group that are indeed breaking their back to defend our billionaire owner and bumbling college HC. 

Tepper and Matt Rhule are indeed the key problems, yes.  Not Sam Darnold.  Sam is a result of what you get when you have people that should be in charge, in charge.   Joe Brady is another example like Sam Darnold.  And if you read my post, I have said countless times Rhule should of never brought in Joe Brady.  Just like Matt Rhule should of never brought in Sam Darnold.

There is nothing we can do about David Tepper big picture.  David Tepper is the owner.  He isn't going away.  He isn't going to be replaced.  Tepper is the lone permanent fixture.  So to get a better Carolina Panthers you have to deal with the problems that can be fixed.  That's the HC.  

I don't follow all of their posts but I can attest to what has been said in this specific thread, and poundaway even explicitly stated that it all falls on Rhule and he has made a lot of mistakes (first post on Page 12).  So if that's your go-to example of someone breaking their back to defend Rhule and deflect all blame from him, then that's pretty damn flimsy.

So that begs the question: how do you reconcile spending so much time trashing Sam Darnold when you agree that it's analogous to people trashing Joe Brady (neither are/were the main source of this team's problems)?  How is one deflecting blame from Rhule but not the other?

According to you:

-Calling Sam Darnold the worst QB in the NFL and saying he shouldn't be starting and that he's terrible, etc. = OK

-Saying Joe Brady was a terrible OC and it was smart to get rid of him = NOT OK, and is simply a tool used to deflect any blame towards Rhule.

Help me understand the distinction between the two above.

Also whether we can actually get rid of Tepper is irrelevant.  Your whole argument has nothing to do with pragmatism - nothing we say in here is going to get rid of Rhule either.  Your argument has to do with Huddle posters deflecting blame from the people truly responsible for our mess of a team.  Is that or is that not ultimately David Tepper?  Or maybe that's not your argument anymore...your argument has already changed several times over the course of this thread that it's hard to keep up.  I mean you literally went from "Joe Brady was an impressive OC and led our offense to career numbers in 2020" to "Joe Brady was not a good OC and deserved to be fired" 😂

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

According to you:

-Calling Sam Darnold the worst QB in the NFL and saying he shouldn't be starting and that he's terrible, etc. = OK

-Saying Joe Brady was a terrible OC and it was smart to get rid of him = NOT OK, and is simply a tool used to deflect any blame towards Rhule.

Help me understand the distinction between the two above.

Joe Brady can be a bad at his job.  He can ALSO be used as a scapegoat at the same time.  Which he was and is. It's the whole two things can be true or apply concept. 

Joe Brady was a problem here.  He wasn't the reason THE reason the offense sucked.   So the other reasons have to get their fair share of the attention because they are in reality bigger factors.

When a Rhule defender brings up and gets hyper focused on Joe Brady, they are generally using him as a tool to deflect away from the major factor (and bigger one) that Matt Rhule was in regards to what our pathetic offense. 

and the other problems are still here.  They deserve the focus.  Not Brady. 

• Flames 1