Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Matt Corral is here because of Ben McAdoo


 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah don’t worry I think we’ve established by now that the best defense you can muster up of Joe Brady is that “Matt Rhule sucks”. That’s a very brave take. I think we can put this to rest now.

Joe Brady is just a tool people use to deflect from how bad Matt Rhule has been in Carolina. 

Joe Brady sucked last year.  I don't argue that.  But there was going to be no other outcome.  You have green passing OC.....and you supplied him with a bad OL, bad QB and a HC that doesn't want to pass lol.  Which brings us back to Matt Rhule. 

 

 

  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady is just a tool people use to deflect from how bad Matt Rhule has been in Carolina. 

Joe Brady sucked last year.  I don't argue that.  But there was going to be no other outcome.  You have passing OC.....and you supplied him with a bad OL, bad QB and a HC that doesn't want to pass lol.  Which brings us back to Matt Rhule. 

 

 

Yes. 

Yes he is.  😈

 

(sorry...couldn't resist.  lol)

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Yet Teddy had no problem throwing Brady under the bus on his way out. 

Funny how life works. 

Of course he did, he'd been butting heads with Brady all season.

Brady was the greenest college coach we had and was CLEARLY in over his head.  Firing Brady was correcting a mistake that should have never been made.  I am glad he is gone and we are better off for it.

Was Rhule wrong hiring Brady?  Yes.
Was Rhule wrong firing Brady?  HELL NO.

CRA hates Rhule SO much, that when Rhule fires the idiot, all he cares about is Brady's career and how the poor guy got scapegoated, when the reality is,  Brady shouldn't have been here to begin with.  CRA is just a hater.

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, poundaway said:

CRA hates Rhule SO much, that when Rhule fires the idiot, all he cares about is Brady's career and how the poor guy got scapegoated, when the reality is,  Brady shouldn't have been here to begin with.  CRA is just a hater.

Rhule is just a bad NFL football coach.   Sorry that fact scrambles your brain.   Are you Matt Rhule's cousin? Only one of us is emtionally invested in these coaches. 

and you don't actually even read these posts you are replying to that you use to project.  I stated countless times Joe Brady should of never been hired by Matt Rhule lol. It made no sense. 

And Rhule has even confirmed it was essentially a PR move for excitment.  But again, that speaks to what a bad HC Matt Rhule is.  And Matt Rhule is the one employed here still.  So the discussion is going to be Matt Rhule's bad job.    

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady is just a tool people use to deflect from how bad Matt Rhule has been in Carolina. 

Joe Brady sucked last year.  I don't argue that.  But there was going to be no other outcome.  You have green passing OC.....and you supplied him with a bad OL, bad QB and a HC that doesn't want to pass lol.  Which brings us back to Matt Rhule. 

 

 

That is such a ridiculously laughable take that I truly cannot accept that you actually believe that.  It feels like you're arguing entirely in bad faith at this point.  Again, Matt Rhule is virtually unanimously hated across the board.  The most positive take I've seen about Rhule on these boards is along the lines of "hey what if Rhule miraculously ends up becoming a good coach this year because most of his responsibilities are stripped away?" lol.  You're fabricating this fake narrative that people are scapegoating Brady to defend Rhule because that's the only way your argument is defensible.  Otherwise if anyone takes the simple stance that Joe Brady sucked and deserved to be fired but also Rhule totally sucks and deserves to be fired too, then your position completely crumbles. Your initial argument that Brady was impressive and his offense led to almost every offensive skill player having career years was so untenable that you immediately abandoned it once you got even the slightest pushback questioning it.

You've alluded to one single person saying Brady was responsible for bringing in Darnold and you've somehow extrapolated that to a much broader narrative that poor Brady is getting thrown under the bus on these boards to prop up Rhule.  Did that person even say anything in praising Rhule while making that criticism?  If so, quote it.  It's crazy to me that you're a moderator of this message board and you seemingly have no idea of the prevailing sentiment here.

I'll make it simple for you because this is dragging on entirely too long:

Do you agree with the sentiment that Rhule is a terrible coach that deserves to be fired while also acknowledging that Brady was an ineffective OC that deserved to be fired?  If so, join the damn party and quit falling on your sword to white knight for Brady every chance that you get.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule is just a bad NFL football coach.   Sorry that fact scrambles your brain.   Are you Matt Rhule's cousin? Only one of us is emtionally invested in these coaches. 

and you don't actually even read these posts you are replying to that you use to project.  I stated countless times Joe Brady should of never been hired by Matt Rhule lol. It made no sense. 

And Rhule has even confirmed it was essentially a PR move for excitment.  But again, that speaks to what a bad HC Matt Rhule is.  And Matt Rhule is the one employed here still.  So the discussion is going to be Matt Rhule's bad job.    

Naw dude your entire defense of Brady is an appeal to emotion about how poor Brady was a victim who was thrown under the bus as a scapegoat for that vile despicable Matt Rhule to deflect from his personal failures.  Like there's nothing actually objective, rational, or substantive about your argument.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Naw dude your entire defense of Brady is an appeal to emotion about how poor Brady was a victim who was thrown under the bus as a scapegoat for that vile despicable Matt Rhule to deflect from his personal failures.  Like there's nothing actually objective, rational, or substantive about your argument.

I mean Joe Brady was and is used as a scapegoat. 

Him being a scapegoat doesn't then mean I think he was good or that he shouldn't of been fired.  

Joe Brady isn't here.  Matt Rhule is.  And when you talk about Joe Brady....it inevitably leads to Matt Rhule's flaws as a HC.  Matt Rhule hired an OC he shouldn't of.   On a OC that never fit what Matt Rhule wanted to do and was just to build excitement.   Matt Rhule couldn't even fire him and not botch the firing.  Firing Joe Brady did literally nothing last year.  It's Matt Rhule's dysfunctional vision/plans that are the primary and important issue.   

The real critique Teddy B had was of Matt Rhule's org/program.  It wasn't designed for NFL players to get what they needed.  And as Teddy B said, Brady wouldn't be able to grow under that structure.    

We are in this weird window where people want to break their backs to shield Tepper/Rhule for the shitshow we just witnessed last year.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean Joe Brady was and is used as a scapegoat. 

Him being a scapegoat doesn't then mean I think he was good or that he shouldn't of been fired.  

Joe Brady isn't here.  Matt Rhule is.  And when you talk about Joe Brady....it inevitably leads to Matt Rhule's flaws as a HC.  Matt Rhule hired an OC he shouldn't of.   On a OC that never fit what Matt Rhule wanted to do and was just to build excitement.   Matt Rhule couldn't even fire him and not botch the firing.  Firing Joe Brady did literally nothing last year.  It's Matt Rhule's dysfunctional vision/plans that are the primary and important issue.   

The real critique Teddy B had was of Matt Rhule's org/program.  It wasn't designed for NFL players to get what they needed.  And as Teddy B said, Brady wouldn't be able to grow under that structure.    

We are in this weird window where people want to break their backs to shield Tepper/Rhule for the shitshow we just witnessed last year.  

 

Seriously still with the Joe Brady shlt?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47s526ayvj7faralghz2




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Seriously still with the Joe Brady shlt?

 




 

Matt Rhule.   

Your just being loud about coaches not employed here so people don't talk about Matt Rhule and the mess he made.   Holla if you want talk about our coaches. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CRA said:

Joe Brady is just a tool people use to deflect from how bad Matt Rhule has been in Carolina. 

Joe Brady sucked last year.  I don't argue that.  But there was going to be no other outcome.  You have green passing OC.....and you supplied him with a bad OL, bad QB and a HC that doesn't want to pass lol.  Which brings us back to Matt Rhule. 

 

 

In-season replacement Nixon was worse and he is one of Rhules top hands....

 

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait a minute here...

...isn't McAdoo the washed-up no-good failed head-ball-coach who couldn't even get an NFL job for 2-years?

I mean the Huddle sentiment surrounding his hire was pretty much 100% negative, right?

Now we're thrilled because maybe Rhule/Tepper/Fitty threw him a bone by drafting a QB in round-3?

🤦‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went on YouTube and watched several games from last season and can see the reasons why McAdoo likes him.

His quick release was on display.  He made some really nice throws and had many good passes dropped.  

What I really like was you could see he is a baller and was highly respected by his teammates for his toughness.  He made some mistakes but overall was a good QB.  Other than the Alabama game where his O-line was extremely overmatched he played well.  Also his fakes are very good and reminded me of Brees and his fakes.  He uses the check down well and will be much better with it when he knows CMC is that check down.

What I think he needs work on is pinpointing his deep throws a little better, but he has the arm for it. Also I would like to see him put some touch on some of his throws.  These are traits McAdoo will be able to fix.

I believe with good coaching and experience he will be a long time QB for us.

I'm excited. 

 

 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean Joe Brady was and is used as a scapegoat. 

Him being a scapegoat doesn't then mean I think he was good or that he shouldn't of been fired.  

Joe Brady isn't here.  Matt Rhule is.  And when you talk about Joe Brady....it inevitably leads to Matt Rhule's flaws as a HC.  Matt Rhule hired an OC he shouldn't of.   On a OC that never fit what Matt Rhule wanted to do and was just to build excitement.   Matt Rhule couldn't even fire him and not botch the firing.  Firing Joe Brady did literally nothing last year.  It's Matt Rhule's dysfunctional vision/plans that are the primary and important issue.   

The real critique Teddy B had was of Matt Rhule's org/program.  It wasn't designed for NFL players to get what they needed.  And as Teddy B said, Brady wouldn't be able to grow under that structure.    

We are in this weird window where people want to break their backs to shield Tepper/Rhule for the shitshow we just witnessed last year.  

 

Lol just stop man...you repeating the same line over and over again isn't gonna make it true.  You're 100% arguing in bad faith at this point which is disappointing.  Point to a single person/quote of someone breaking their back to shield Tepper/Rhule.  Everyone on these boards blames them wholeheartedly for our failures for the last two seasons.

You realize that by your own logic...when you trash Sam Darnold, you're deflecting blame from Matt Rhule, right?  Or by trashing Matt Rhule, you're deflecting blame from David Tepper?  I'm guessing you are unaware of your own flawed contradictions considering you trash Darnold and Rhule just as much as anyone else on these boards.  Everything you said about the Brady/Rhule relationship applies to Darnold/Rhule and Rhule/Tepper.  Unless your logic is entirely inconsistent, which appears to be the case. 

So let me slightly reframe what you said in your post above: "When you talk about Matt Rhule...it inevitably leads to Tepper's flaws as an owner.  David Tepper hired a HC he shouldn't of (sic)".  Therefore please tell us CRA...why are you scapegoating poor Matt Rhule? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...