• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The one thing that is nagging at me about our QB pick...

Proudiddy

19 hours ago, WOW!! said:

How the fug Did Baily Zappe get drafted before Howell?? I just looked that up and I'm flabbergasted and confused..

Seriously Howell was drunk  high and grabbing dudes wives in his team interviews..

not sure what the last line means, but Zappe was drafted by the same guy who took a G from Tennessee Chattanooga in round 1. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

not sure what the last line means, but Zappe was drafted by the same guy who took a G from Tennessee Chattanooga in round 1. 

Last line was a sarcastic joke about why Howell dropped.. Because imo there is no reason he should have dropped to the 5th round..

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Last line was a sarcastic joke about why Howell dropped.. Because imo there is no reason he should have dropped to the 5th round..

I agree, actually.  Cannot understand why BB drafted Zappe before Howell.

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

From what I gather post draft he holds the ball too long, has a weird wind up and a tick of slapping the ball, locks on receivers and has a tendency to sail his deep throws.  There is also something about not being vocal leader etc.   But yeah 5th round is eye opening

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I agree, actually.  Cannot understand why BB drafted Zappe before Howell.

At this point I think BB loves the attention of getting less talented players and making them better with his system...

He gets a chubby from taking a 6th round talent in the 1st round.. Have ppl clownhim for it.. Just to make that player hit so he can bask in the glory... Of system and the player get little to no credit..

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I said we should have taken Zappe as a backup this year (and probably play him some for experience). 

Just like I said we should have taken Mac Jones.

Patriots got both of them.

But hell, what does their coach know about QBs?

Just now, Khyber53 said:

I said we should have taken Zappe as a backup this year (and probably play him some for experience). 

Just like I said we should have taken Mac Jones.

Patriots got both of them.

But hell, what does their coach know about QBs?

He knows how to get QBS to work his system.. There isn't much evidence that outside of New England and BB.. That his system works without him running it.. So his type of QB isn't a sure thing to work for other teams..

Back to Corral... Honestly, all I've seen are highlight reels of the guy. They look good. He has the demeanor and poise to be a QB. Deep balls are always a crap shoot in a way, so it's not as big of a deal as that middle distance accuracy and the ability to dump the ball off quickly.

Beyond any kind of arm talent, it's about processor speed nowadays. You can have great talent but no ability to process the game as it goes on and you end up with Jameis Winston. Short to immediate throws from a QB who can think and read a defense faster than it can react will eat an opposing team alive. Joe Montana proved that time and time again. 

In the end, we won't know what we have in Corral until he gets out on the field and has a couple of games under his belt. We know what bad or weak QBing looks like, I think we'll spot it fast if it's there.

• Pie 1