• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Rhule turns out to be a really good just being a coach?

Fan01

I jumped off the Matt Rhule bandwagon along with most everyone but I am curious to how he does with Fitterer obviously the man in charge.  That same coach that has total control over everything is a much different coach went he's reducing to only coaching.  Rhule has millions of reasons to be humble but a lot of guys have much bigger egos then any amount of money so I do give credit to Rhule for getting on board this new Panther train.

With Fitters and Morgan buying the groceries and guiding Rhule with some NFL experience and oversight he may turn out to be a really good coach.  Every since he got here I will say it has seemed like we do a lot with very young and raw talent then would be expected.  I think his staff has done a good job coaching up players outside of the oline.  That was a disaster.  We've course corrected without starting over. 

Rhule may end up being a great fit with Fitterer as opposed to another coach who would want more say so and control.  Rhule has been humbled and may now actually be in a perfect position to excel. 

• Pie 5

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I suppose it's possible, but part of the problem right now is that he still coaches like a college coach, and the pro game is a very different animal.

Even the world's greatest checkers player isn't necessarily a good chess player.

He still brings in hand full of guys each year that come from Baylor/Temple. This is his third year. He should be over that by now.

• Pie 2

So I thought he did really well as a coach in year one. The situational decisions, things like that. Year two he did poorly. I do actually think there’s a chance he turns it around and last year was an anomaly. I’ve wanted him gone (and still do) because he was SO bad last year and I think the chances are greater that’s just who he is, but if he rebounds and gets back to year one form and keeps improving from there then I’m good with keeping him. 

• Pie 1

Rhule got to where he is today by being Rhule.  I’m pretty sure he thinks the brand and what does works.  I don’t expect him to change because that’s not what you see happen.  

Riverboat Ron was always just Ron.  He just had a funny nickname. 

this wishful Rhule thinking is like wishful Sam thinking.  Or wishful Teddy thinking the year before.  We know who people are.   We just don’t want it to be so. 

*but it’s a good thing the power structure appears to be changing and our GM is now in charge.  That’s the way it should be.   Rhule might of had more success if things were structured better at the start. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

First time owner.  First time NFL head coach with complete control.  OC with zero experience.  A very young team.  What could go wrong?

Tepper and Rhule has gotten some very hard lessons and at least Tepper so has learned from them.  We know have much, much more NFL experience among the coaching ranks, especially with McAdoo as OC.  Fitterer, with a ton of experience on building a team leading the way.  That same young team growing together.

I like seeing things that are not working changed by Tepper and company and am very  interested in how it'll pan out.  It's like Fitterer came in a little quiet and watched and slowing starting to train everyone.  Now, he's in charge and things are happening and everyone is saying, oh snap, so this is how you're supposed to do it.

• Pie 2

Every coach evolves. 

Rhule still has the same control he had the day he signed his contract with Tepper. 

Rhule is the man. Whether I agree with it not, doesn't change anything. 

It is nice to have a good GM and Assist. GM though. The difference is indeed noticeable. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The best thing he can do is nothing.

The best thing he can do to help the team win is do nothing.

Let the GMs make personnel decisions and let his coaches run the show. 

He should even let McAdoo call the time outs, he's in way over his head. Just pat guys on the back and make sure they're hydrated

• Pie 3

Rhule will have to be really good. The rest of the NFC South is outperforming the Panthers front office in roster building. Panthers have the weakest roster. Hate it, but it's the truth.

I also consider Rhule, McAdoo, and Snow as the weakest group of coaches in the NFC South.

If you took Mariota, Glass, and Dalton, you would have a better QB room than Darnold, Corral, and Walker.