• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Thoughts on the 2022 Draft (Matthias Rant)

Matthias

I have no clue whether Corrall will be good, or even serviceable.  But having Matt Corrall on the roster means there is at least a chance - slim yes - that we have a franchise QB.  We already know for (*&#@ sure that Darnold ain't it.  We know PJ ain't it.  JimmyG?  Pass.  Baker?  Question marks surround him.  McAdoo wasn't sold.

At least there is a slim chance that we have a franchise QB on the roster.  If he's better than Darnold but not a franchise QB, fine.  We have our backup, and we'll be picking high again.  If he sucks, oh well, it's a third.

But if he's great.  Oh man.  Imagine what we can do with our first round picks.  We can, you know, build a team.

I'm not excited about Matt Corrall other than to admire some of the traits he's shown.  But I am excited about the possibility he represents.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Its amazing to me when people say they are tired of people trashing Corral and here you are saying people are going over the top with their high expectations...

First of all (from both camps) who/where are all these people? Most things I've seen or read are mostly cautiously optimistic, which to be honest, is about the most obvious and realistic way to approach all of this.

Secondly, can we just be happy with having a solid offensive line for a change, a defense loaded with speed and talent on all three levels, a competent Offensive coordinator that got to hand pick his Quarterback (and who should help Darnold), a capable punter/kicker, and a GM who is actually the envy of other teams? 

Is that too much to ask?

• Pie 1