• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral college tape vs. Darnold college tape

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

In college or pros? Probably just a matter of people getting tape on him either way. Not a hard guy to figure out

College, im sure tape played a part in it. In gonna go back and look and maybe I'll cut some clips later to show comparisons.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

He underperformed, there was not one game he went into where he didn’t have the more talented team. They were a bigger mess under Sarkisian and that didn’t stop Kessler from putting up better numbers than Darnold with a lesser talented team. 

We won our only Rose Bowl since the Pete Carrol era his RS freshman year and he carried us the whole way. Followed it up with a Fiesta Bowl appearance and we promptly declined after. For a guy who came in as raw and as new to the position he did very very well. He was by no means perfect but he definitely did not underperform. That would be reserved for Max Browne and Ricky Town. Corral, Bryce Young, CJ Stroud etc didn’t want to stay home and be a partof SC’s program for good reason.

Edited by Double Trouble

16 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think Darnold has better arm talent than Corral but, as previously pointed out, less throwing mechanics issues.

Too bad we couldn't put Delhomme's brain in Sam Delusional's head...

He might have salvaged his career.  lol

But seriously, I have a hell of a lot more confidence in Corral right now than I do with Mr. Shrek.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Imo Sam Darnald relied on his talent which he probably had more of any anyone on the field in college. Corrals decision making it far beyond Darnalds was in college. 

So to simply say it. 

Darnald has more arm talent

Corral has more mobility

Corral will have a better QB IQ. 

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Here's some Corral tape

Matt Corral sticking up and fighting for his teammate that just got sucker punched is the juice that I need after years of watching Carolina offensive linemen not even help up their QB who's brains just got bashed in

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 3

4 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Too bad we couldn't put Delhomme's brain in Sam Delusional's head...

He might have salvaged his career.  lol

But seriously, I have a hell of a lot more confidence in Corral right now than I do with Mr. Shrek.

I figure he can't be worse so why not give him a shot?

• Beer 1

We look at players and judge their physical talents...which is why Tom Brady went in the 6th round and Jake Delhomme went undrafted. There's more to a player than physical gifts and talent. How they develop that talent is the difference between a Tom Brady career and a Sam Darnold career. I just don't think Sam really enjoys playing football, and it shows.

Seeing "ghosts" and not being able to quickly go through his progressions has nothing to do with talent, but everything to do with preparation. I can't stand Tom Brady, but you can't say he wasn't dedicated to his sport and incredibly prepared. I'd say the same thing about Jake, too.

Let's hope Corral has more of that dedication in him. He certainly has talent.

21 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

We look at players and judge their physical talents...which is why Tom Brady went in the 6th round and Jake Delhomme went undrafted. There's more to a player than physical gifts and talent. How they develop that talent is the difference between a Tom Brady career and a Sam Darnold career. I just don't think Sam really enjoys playing football, and it shows.

Seeing "ghosts" and not being able to quickly go through his progressions has nothing to do with talent, but everything to do with preparation. I can't stand Tom Brady, but you can't say he wasn't dedicated to his sport and incredibly prepared. I'd say the same thing about Jake, too.

He always did say basketball was his first love so there's probably some truth to that. He's a great athlete and a late bloomer/raw at the position. Was underdeveloped at USC and on the Jets to the point where he's now almost certainly beyond repair (mentally) despite being just 24 years old. Combination of him not going the extra mile to learn the position and mismanagement likely. Maybe McAdoo can pull something out of him, I doubt it though.

Edited by Double Trouble

44 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

eh.

I don't think we can say for certain that this is the case.

We both don't know what goes on in his deluded mind anyway.

I do think he's seeing ghosts and is slow as molasses in going through his progressions....