• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking for another option at QB to mentor Corral? How about one more Baylor alum?

Proudiddy

Ladies and gentlemen, if Cam isn't interested, I present to you: RGIII

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/robert-griffin-iii-says-nfl-teams-reached-out-after-he-ran-a-4-48-during-rich-eisens-charity-event.html

He says teams have already reached out to him after posting a 4.48 for Rich Eisen's charity 40 yard dash run.  He's only 32, and frankly, I feel he has more wisdom, guidance, mentorship, and talent to offer than Mayfield, Jimmy G, or Foles.  Plus, we know Rhule loves his Baylor guys.  RGIII did a great job helping Lamar Jackson along his first few years, and still was competent when he had to play.  He also acknowledged in this interview that he is fine coming in strictly as a mentor/vet backup to a young QB.  I say this may be my favorite option if it's an indeed an option, again with the caveat that Cam doesn't want to come back, and we can go ahead and cut Sam and move forward with the future.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Meanwhile in Tennessee...

Gonna go check my popcorn supply 😐

Tannehill isn’t wrong. It’s not their jobs to do so, he wasn’t brought in after the fact and getting paid millions to specifically do that like some guys do. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Tannehill isn’t wrong. It’s not their jobs to do so, he wasn’t brought in after the fact and getting paid millions to specifically do that like some guys do. 

No, he's not...

But that's also one of those things that you might not wanna say out loud.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

No, he's not...

But that's also one of those things that you might not wanna say out loud.

He's competing for starting job making 8 figures. I get why he doesn't want to mentor him. One of the reasons I like the idea of Foles is he's been at the top as SB MVP and now at the bottom being cut. If he's willing to share that knowledge, that information is priceless. 

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

RGIII is a good person and was good before he was injured.

I’m pretty sure he left his wife immediately she had their child for a girl he was creepin on on IG - a FSU track star 

he seems to be pretty good in the booth though if he can keep getting reps he may end up being a better broadcaster than NFL QB 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

He’s not wrong but he isn’t right either. It’s his prerogative. A real leader, with class and grace, could be able to accept and handle his role as a mentor to someone who may eventually take his job. He could still be there for Willis instead of being a little bitch about it. 

• Pie 2