• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meet Golden Corral

rippadonn

If this has been posted already, please forgive me.

He really seems comfortable with the organization.

Unfortunately he's being OVERRHULED in favor of Sam Darnold, proving once again that they care nothing about the fanbase.

It's almost like punishment when there is a guy who is capable of taking the reigns who is more dynamic and accurate waiting in the wings.

Get this Panthers, don't nobody want to watch no Sam Darnold when we just drafted Matt Corral.

Stop **ssyfooting and let the man play! Sam is a backup, playing him will only define that trajectory he's already had four years to show the world.

Yeah, you made another financial mistake with taking on the option. You can make Sam happy while acting like you didn't just sh*t away 19mill or you can turn the page and start the future NOW.

At least you have a veteran backup.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 3

12 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

Look, Sam Darnold is awful and I hate him as much as the next fan, but let’s pump the breaks here. Matt Corrall is a rookie coming into the league from an RPO heavy offender  who was drafted in the third round as the 4th QB of a weak QB class. We have no idea how quickly he’ll be able to pick up the playbook and adapt to NFL speed and defenses. He’s got a ton of potential and certainly could beat Darnold right out the gate, but we have no idea if that will be the case. I agree that playing Darnold is a death sentence for the season, and I generally agree that young guys should get live reps beyond practice, but we also have to be careful to not ruin Corrall. While our offensive line looks better on paper than last year, we also don’t know if the moves we made there will pan out. We have to be cautious with the situation we put Corrall in. If the rest of the roster/coaching staff isn’t there to develop him, it’d be better to bring him on more slowly than to throw him to the wolves. Yes, some development is incumbent on the QB himself to put the work in and take ownership of the position, but we also have to make sure we’re not throwing him out there too soon in his own development. 

Well we already know Sam has established himself as a "good QB' in this league, source Sam Darnold. Given this he will not be playing preseason, so we should see plenty of Corral then. Unless we have a PJ walker filled preseason......

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

I'll go to the preseason, because I think they will let Corral play, I'm not buying tickets during regular season until Sam is on the bench.  Sam actually made me miss Teddy.

The first preseason game will be awesome this year, new o-line and Corral. Might be the one with the highest attendance 😂

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

If this has been posted already, please forgive me.

He really seems comfortable with the organization.

Unfortunately he's being OVERRHULED in favor of Sam Darnold, proving once again that they care nothing about the fanbase.

It's almost like punishment when there is a guy who is capable of taking the reigns who is more dynamic and accurate waiting in the wings.

Get this Panthers, don't nobody want to watch no Sam Darnold when we just drafted Matt Corral.

Stop **ssyfooting and let the man play! Sam is a backup, playing him will only define that trajectory he's already had four years to show the world.

Yeah, you made another financial mistake with taking on the option. You can make Sam happy while acting like you didn't just sh*t away 19mill or you can turn the page and start the future NOW.

At least you have a veteran backup.

I think they need to have a quarterback competition for the job.  Just like the Saints did with Taysom Hill and Jamis Winston.

I agree! Why get a QB that the Jets ruined when we can ruin them just fine ourselves? Ruining a 21 year old's confidence is a proven developmental tool. Maybe we can get him a Zach Wilson style rookie injury too. 

Edited by Khaki Lackey
  • Pie 1
  • The D 1