• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clowney interest in playing close to home

ncfan

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I think you are thinking we are a much better team than we actually are.

I mean maybe but Idt anyone really knows what we are right now. How are you gonna feel 5 games into the season though if we’re 3-2 and everyone is looking around saying…”if we could have held Fournette under 100 yards and pressured Brady we would have won that game.” 

Why take the risk and not sign a guy if he could be a difference maker when it’s gonna be a one year deal and we have the most cap space in the league?

Actually interested in this. Would love a reasonable 3 year Deal and then sign Burns to the big one. Derrick Brown has awhile until he resigns and we have drafted well in secondary. Any actual rumblings of this? How did the rumor start? Tweet at him to bring him home. We need a run stopping edge. Its perfect. 

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

I mean maybe but Idt anyone really knows what we are right now. How are you gonna feel 5 games into the season though if we’re 3-2 and everyone is looking around saying…”if we could have held Fournette under 100 yards and pressured Brady we would have won that game.” 

Why take the risk and not sign a guy if he could be a difference maker when it’s gonna be a one year deal and we have the most cap space in the league?

Well we did start 3-0 last year, so I am not gonna be jumping on the bandwagon that quickly based on recent history. 

It isn't a risk to not sign the guy. He has never proved to be a huge difference maker in his career. He's a pretty good player at his position but not great and certainly not elite. 

If we sign him, great. If we don't, whatever. I don't think his addition or subtraction is going to be something that makes or breaks this franchise 

11 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

9 sacks is not average. Don't play stupid to try to make point that can be made without embarrassing yourself. There were only 5 DE with more sacks. That's a solid number.

No it's you're embarrassing yourself. 

Just because the league is full of bad 5 techniques doesn't mean he's good.

That's like saying he's the tallest midget.