• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clowney interest in playing close to home

ncfan

5 minutes ago, RJK said:

Bro really made a career off of one hit in college 🤣

He actually had a decent year with the Browns last season, and has a decent career. He's been productive 3 probowls and a 2nd team allpro. thats above average and I'd take him. hes just a bit light for a True DE. more like a OLB for a 3-4.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

really depends on the kind of season they wanna have

if you trade for Baker then it should be followed up with a Clowney signing

if you intend to evaluate Corral then it’s probably not an important move.

I feel like giving Corral the best chance to win (short fields, lots of opportunities) is pretty important. I would sign Clowney for sure to a 1 year deal. We have $30 mil of cap space for this year. Use it to really see what we have. 

7 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Just another vet to take developmental snaps away from our younger players.

that's the Panther problem. 

What are we really trying to do.   It got really muddy. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Clowney is one of the most over hyped, over rated NFL prospects and players the past twenty years if not of all time. Sort of like Zion in a way that they developed this like cult following and got clicks thru social media. 

Where he attended high school or college has absolutely nothing to do with this. He is a JAG and would bring nothing to the team. 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 6

7 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I feel like giving Corral the best chance to win (short fields, lots of opportunities) is pretty important. I would sign Clowney for sure to a 1 year deal. We have $30 mil of cap space for this year. Use it to really see what we have. 

sure but the offense is pretty well set for him to succeed and if it blows up your face how big a commitment to this season do you really wanna make

i really don’t know what they wanna do

Edited by Growl

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I don't know how serious our C needs are with Corbett in the mix BUT it seems a lil wild that they've put all those resources into the line but didn't address the most important position on it.   I think we're using the Payton/Brees era formula. Elite Guard play over Elite tackle play. Brees wasn't a mobile Qb but he could navigate the pocket insanely well. He could also read defenses quickly and had a annoying ass quick release. That said, I despise the guy but Bryce has to be able to step up. It's that fact thats leading me to think that C is actually a priority and Corbett is a smoke screen/backup to LG.  I don't think they're spending any more $$ on that line. So it's either 1 of 3 choices... Corbett is some unknown pro Bowler at C or he's atleast average at the position. 3rd option would be the worst case, which places the question mark in the middle.  They released Boze to slide Corbett over? Nah, our next Center is coming from Oregon, Duke or Georgia imo. Hell I don't even think we've selected a Center in the last decade iirc.   
    • Im going to stand with this one until draft, its my best even if the WR is walker...*got in the 4th and sanders is/should be a top target for young too...makes up somewhat. Just how it fell, Barton is a dream being the only C with a 1st, chop lasted until 39 another dream, and got a future starter in huddle draft fav eichenburg. One issue can be the CB, but its impossible to fix every need with only 7 picks and not more early ones. Thomas was a BPA, wanted a WR, but at that point (240) the next few picks then its UDFA tunderdome. Pick the best and sign some WRs and CBs as UDFAs.   
    • Pure speculation on my part but I guess you could put the guy on the practice squad.  Somehow I dont think too many teams are looking to purge a LS but could be wrong.  Wouldn't want to waste a roster spot.  I have to think the team and dare I say owner probably have a good relationship with JJ and will keep them in the loop on his retirement plans when he starts mulling it over.  Dude breaks a team record every Sunday and that's gotta be cool for him.