• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports Draft Class Rankings (Panthers #1)

XClown1986

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It’s very simple. If you go by total impact, we didn’t do well. If you go by total value which accounts for our lack of picks, we did well. Ignoring the fact that if Corral is amazing we win the draft, a team like the Jets got Garrett Wilson, Sauce Gardner and Jermaine Johnson in the 1st. That’s three impact starters as of now. We have Iky and maybe Corral.

If you go by true impact starters there’s no way we rank ahead of the Jets. That said, they had way more draft capital and that’s where we had an advantage.

Pretty sure Brady Quinn said drafting Corral was a huge mistake. Too raw. 

Put another way: this list isn't identifying the "best" or "worst" draft classes, but instead showing how the actual draft stacked up against our draft board. It's more instructive than definitive and hopefully that's how you'll take it.

Put yet another way, this "grade" is more about how each team stacks up if they had all picked as he had instructed them to.  The Panthers, with fewer picks in day 1-2 had fewer chances to cross him up.  Also he does not describe the grade for drafting a player he had listed as FA.  I liked what we did with our draft but this whole article is an exercise in narcissism.  

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Well, at 94, nothing is a “huge” mistake. I don’t think I saw anywhere where Corral was ranked that low. Who knows if he works out but it can’t be a huge mistake. Also, taking him at 94 also means that if he fails badly, we move on quickly. Besides, Quinn has zero clue what good NFL QB play is like.

yeah i agree. BQ has no idea. He was the CBS figurehead blasting our draft. 

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

weird ... CBS was just saying we were the worst immediately after the draft...

Yeah it's strange cause on the CBS Sports Draft Tracker, we got Bs and Cs for every single one of our draft picks.  Seemed like a pretty mediocre reception of our draft.