• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will McAdoo get in Rhules ear....

Jmac

If Sam shats the bed early on, will the OC  pressure him to play the rookie. I have no idea how the OC feels about Darnold as QB #1. Will he pull Sam if his OC recommends that he play the kid or will he ignore it and pull a Rhule. Throw P.J in instead if Sam starts going south and leave the kid holding a clip board this season?

What u got?

Edited by Jmac
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

i am not sure if i read this correctly.... did OP suggest we start PJ Walker over our new highly acclaimed rookie?Season 6 What GIF by The Office

I am not suggesting that at all. What I am asking is if Rhule might pull a bonehead move like this.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

i am not sure if i read this correctly.... did OP suggest we start PJ Walker over our new highly acclaimed rookie?Season 6 What GIF by The Office

Lol I had to laugh myself, he’s as pro ready as Pickett will he pickup the playbook quickly and get that aspect down packed is the only thing holding him back.  Start PJ we traded up and considered him our qb 1 for a reason.

7 minutes ago, Jmac said:

I am not suggesting that at all. What I am asking is if Rhule might pull a bonehead move like this.

I think it is reasonable to think that if Matt Rhule is forced to bench Sam Darnold early that PJ could then see the field.  The crowd at BOA has potential to come down loud and hard on Sam.  How many bad games to start off the season would it take for the crowd to get hostile about the Sam experiment continuing?  Not many.  2 stinkers to start?  Maybe not even real stinkers.  Just doing nothing would probably get the response. 

Matt Rhule has found a way to go 2-0 with PJ.  Every win counts for Matt Rhule.  He is going to value wins over developing Corral IMO (which isn't about winning). 

I mean it's just delaying the inevitable.  True.   But it's what Matt might do.  Not should do. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, year of the snitch said:

I hope Rhule and co take a look at what happened in Chicago.

Nagy waited too long to put Fields in, Dalton was rattled, the fan base was getting antsy.

If you wait too long to see what you got, you could be the one on the outs along with the QB you left in too long.

I don't think developing Fields was something Nagy cared about.  He needed to win.  He thought Dalton gave him the best odds in the short term.  And going into the season it was all about a Dalton offense, not a Fields one. 

I think Rhule sets up a lot like Nagy this year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think Sam, PJ or whatever warm body for the first 6 weeks is reasonable to expect with a 3rd round QB. If Corral can beat that timeline then great. Maybe some spot duty before then. 

Add in the Rhule effect and anything could happen. I think if it is looking bad at week 8 and Corral isn't playing for good or bad then it's time to finally fire Matt Rhule and let someone else interim the rest of the year. 

Rhule turning to Corral if Sam plays poorly? C'mon guys, did we all forget that Rhule refused to play BC at LT until the end of the season despite the sh't show? In all honesty, I think if Sam plays poorly, Rhule will turn to PJ if he is still on the team before he goes to Corral. Or he could just play all 3 QBs in the same game and take turn with offensive series like how he did with Cam. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

What I think - within 15 minutes on the practice field you will know what type of hopes can be.

2 weeks you will have a great idea if Corral can start at any point this season.

FYI- someone correct me if Im wrong- Sam Darnold has never played a full season in his NFL career, if thats right no need to worry....corral will get a look at some point in this season. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Ben made that interesting  remark way back about loving the Qbs with RPO   and then says Matt is the highest rated  in tgus draft. With all 3 qbs currently  starting a new playback and Matt being the future... there is no reason for them to not cater to what Matt does well. Nobody has a leg up because  they all starting from scratch. Rhule may have no choice but play Matt. 

I think we need to see how everyone develops through camp and the preseason to get aby idea about where Corral will be. You don't put him in if he isn't ready unless you are willing to condense the offense to what he knows and can already do. If he can't run the full offense then Sam and PJ are your best chances to win.  When Corral is ready and he is the best option then he should start. And the guys who will know that best will be McAdoo and Ryan.  The whole theory that Rhule needs to manipulate things to save his job is a false narrative already debunked by our draft and failure to go all out for Watson for example by guaranteeing his contract.  In the past the offensive coordinator was a Rhule yes man, McAdoo is going to coach as best he can and do what he knows to do. I bet Tepper has told Rhule to let his folks do their job and that they don't appreciate being micro-managed anymore than he would.