• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Bradberry

ncfan

12 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I thought he was a strong zone CB? Maybe I am completely getting that wrong.

Looked it up and it said he was strong in zone schemes and bad in man. Giants stuff

🤷‍♂️ you could be right, but although we ran a zone scheme under Ron, we drafted him to lock up the bigger receivers in our division like Evans, Julio, and Michael Thomas, which is what he did really well when manned up on them.

With the Giants, maybe his struggles in man may be due to him losing a step or maybe he was dealing with injuries?

Just now, Proudiddy said:

🤷‍♂️ you could be right, but although we ran a zone scheme under Ron, we drafted him to lock up the bigger receivers in our division like Evans, Julio, and Michael Thomas, which is what he did really well when manned up on them.

With the Giants, maybe his struggles in man may be due to him losing a step or maybe he was dealing with injuries?

He was like Norman (his one year), zone CB that locked up good WRs. Kind of looked like man but he just didn't have the speed for true man play. Was true for both when their new teams went the other way to hard. 

He is still only 28. If you play heavy zone he is a great CB to have. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

He was like Norman (his one year), zone CB that locked up good WRs. Kind of looked like man but he just didn't have the speed for true man play. Was true for both when their new teams went the other way to hard. 

He is still only 28. If you play heavy zone he is a great CB to have. 

Good points...  it could've been primarily zone.  I just know he mirrored the #1s in our division, and from memory, it often appeared he ran with them for the entirety of their routes...  and i could've swore we drafted him to play more man.  At least thats how i remember it.  But, I know we ran a zone heavy scheme.  

I'll go with your take though.  Either way, I don't think it's gonna be relevant to us.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Good points...  it could've been primarily zone.  I just know he mirrored the #1s in our division, and from memory, it often appeared he ran with them for the entirety of their routes...  and i could've swore we drafted him to play more man.  At least thats how i remember it.  But, I know we ran a zone heavy scheme.  

I'll go with your take though.  Either way, I don't think it's gonna be relevant to us.

They both ran with the good WRs, they just had a safety over top and they were under. Without that safety and the other team can just make it a speed thing.