• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Bradberry

ncfan

33 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Easily going to play for Ron

Honestly, if I was a player that had been around for a while and in was more interested in just playing without doing to much work to prove myself, I'd want to play for Ron. Vets have it easy playing for him. 

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

0% chance he's coming here.

I agree.  Our defensive backfield has changed dramatically and he doesn't fit our scheme.

Some of you have very short memories.  Bradberry played extremely well for us and many of you wanted him to stay.  To act like he was a marginal player is insane. 

• Pie 2

I like what we have in the secondary.  Would rather focus on a DL add to get the pressure as we have the length and speed.  Depth guys have high upside, others are in make-or-break years.  And this is a developmental year coming up where I hope to see some improvement in our newer core.  

S: Chinn, Woods, Burris, Franklin, K Robinson, Hartsfield, Chandler

Set in place starters with solid depth.  Burris isn't a top-notch starter but fine as relief/depth piece. The rest are young and hungry (and got regular season experience last season)

CB: Horn, Jackson, Henderson, Taylor, Pride, STO/Barnes/Melvin 

Adding a veteran takes away Henderson and Taylor's playing time.  And Pride is coming back from injury.  He was a higher pick than Taylor, STO and Barnes and this year will be big for his development.  The dude is lightning quick and has length.  Thomas-Oliver is the only one I feel looked bad but he's a 7th rounder.  

Horn was the top defensive player taken in his draft, Jackson's got a nice new contract, and we used our 22' 3rd on Henderson.  21' 5th on Taylor.  20' 4th on Pride.  That's a good amount of investment.  It's a young, athletic, incredibly fast and long group.  Don't really know what Bradberry would do for us. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Damn didn’t he just have on of his best seasons in 2020, he was that bad in 21? Being a Cb in the nfl life comes at you fast.

I always thought James Bradberry was overrated for the contract he got. Just the eye test alone he was nowhere near as good as Josh Norman. He was a good CB but I never considered him a shut down CB. He got shut down money

16 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I always thought James Bradberry was overrated for the contract he got. Just the eye test alone he was nowhere near as good as Josh Norman. He was a good CB but I never considered him a shut down CB. He got shut down money

It's because it was gettleman giving it to him.  Had to look out for his "look at me everyone, I'm a REAL GM, and I'm smahtah than the rest of you" small-school sleeper pick.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It's because it was gettleman giving it to him.  Had to look out for his "look at me everyone, I'm a REAL GM, and I'm smahtah than the rest of you" small-school sleeper pick.

of course gettleman wanted him and was the only one that wanted him after we let him go. he's the clown that drafted him and 2 other CBs after he cut josh norman loose. 

we drafted him only after everyone else that we were hoping for was gone. someone in here who had a source in or close to the war room told a few of us that everyone they wanted was gone and their plan had gone down the crapper so be prepared to hear the name of some small school CB you've never heard of announced. one or two minutes later we hear his name. pure desperation move.

55 minutes ago, rayzor said:

of course gettleman wanted him and was the only one that wanted him after we let him go. he's the clown that drafted him and 2 other CBs after he cut josh norman loose. 

we drafted him only after everyone else that we were hoping for was gone. someone in here who had a source in or close to the war room told a few of us that everyone they wanted was gone and their plan had gone down the crapper so be prepared to hear the name of some small school CB you've never heard of announced. one or two minutes later we hear his name. pure desperation move.

I mean it worked out in the end. He was a good corner, just not top end money good. 

• Pie 1