• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Next Coach

Hornets Next Coach  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next head coach of the Charlotte Hornets?

• Sean Sweeney
    • Mark Jackson
    • Mike D'Antoni
    • Kenny Atkinson
    • Charles Lee
    • David Vanterpool
    • Other

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

I would definitely prefer D’Antoni between the two being discussed.  Even at his age I like what he could bring here

I feel the same way!  I think the thing that helps is if Toni takes Melo game to the next level, we become an even more attractive place to free agents. We have to rid ourselves  of the  stigma of being mediocre. I remember  Isiah Thomas saying that guys around the league are talking about playing here.  We need to get back to the hype of LJ and Mourning days!! 

• Pie 2

i was all in on Ham but now that he's in LA - im all for the Atkins diet..

he comes from a great organization and a team that moves the ball around (something JB built up here as well).. and most importantly - a team/org that plays defense.. Steph has improved a lot on D over the years.. if they can get Lamelo to buy in on D - look out.. his body build would make him a huge problem for other teams

Hire D'Antoni and get Gobert or Ayton and this team is easily a top 6 seed in the East next year. Not sure that group would have us contending for Championships at any point but we need to become a perennial playoff team ASAP or Melo is gonna bail and those moves would get us there in my opinion. As a perennial playoff team with a bonafide stud in Melo and hopefully Bridges emerging, we could actually attract other top talent and role player vets to come here in time. Gotta start somewhere and gotta do it soon or all the exciting pieces we have right now will blow up in our faces.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Hire D'Antoni and get Gobert or Ayton and this team is easily a top 6 seed in the East next year. Not sure that group would have us contending for Championships at any point but we need to become a perennial playoff team ASAP or Melo is gonna bail and those moves would get us there in my opinion. As a perennial playoff team with a bonafide stud in Melo and hopefully Bridges emerging, we could actually attract other top talent and role player vets to come here in time. Gotta start somewhere and gotta do it soon or all the exciting pieces we have right now will blow up in our faces.

Mark Williams could easily become another Gobert or Ayton and we could get him at 13.  Plus grab another shooter at 15

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

I’d take D’Antoni, players love him, even Harden was a big fan of D’Antoni and for the most part, Mike reeled him in.

Atkisnon on the other hand seemed to struggle coaching Durant and Irving and it was even reported that he wasn’t fond of coaching those guys.

I think for the group that we have, we need a coach that can come in and command respect from our young group. I think that person was Darvin Ham but D’Antoni isn’t a bad consolation prize with the caveat that he brings an assistant to coach the defense. Quinn Snyder would also be interesting but it appears that there isn’t anything going on there.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Mark Williams could easily become another Gobert or Ayton and we could get him at 13.  Plus grab another shooter at 15

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Would be nice if we could somehow get Ayton or Gobert without giving up the picks. With Ayton a pending FA maybe Gordon ++ could get it done. Gobert much less likely without those picks 

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...