• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking back would you rather have Watson and a vet LT or Icky/Corral

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

The fact that we would have had to given up so much to get him is what bothered me the most. It would have crippled the team for years and he would have had to be better than peak Cam to overcome that.....which he definitely isn't.

I love Cam, and think he’s a great QB, but Deshaun is better. I have no problem admitting that. He’s also been more consistent and if we’re to go by his 2020, he’s ascending and hasn’t even reached his peak.

This team is too good to be top 5 in the draft next year. I also don’t think they’re good enough to contend, as I see 6-11 or 7-10 as our most likely end. If Corral busts, then we will be “crippling” the team anyways to get in range for a QB. Lord forbid if Ickey busts. Watson is the sure thing. 

But, it’s all moot now. We’ve chosen our path. I hope it works.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I love Cam, and think he’s a great QB, but Deshaun is better. I have no problem admitting that. He’s also been more consistent and if we’re to go by his 2020, he’s ascending and hasn’t even reached his peak.

This team is too good to be top 5 in the draft next year. I also don’t think they’re good enough to contend, as I see 6-11 or 7-10 as our most likely end. If Corral busts, then we will be “crippling” the team anyways to get in range for a QB. Lord forbid if Ickey busts. Watson is the sure thing. 

If Deshaun is better those are big shoes to fill. At his best Cam went on a Super Bowl run with Ted Ginn and Jerricho Cotchery. His best receiver was a TE. Watson has a very good group around him overall in Cleveland. It's now or never for playoff runs.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

If Deshaun is better those are big shoes to fill. At his best Cam went on a Super Bowl run with Ted Ginn and Jerricho Cotchery. His best receiver was a TE. Watson has a very good group around him overall in Cleveland. It's now or never for playoff runs.

Again, I love Cam and think he’s the best QB this franchise has had, and overall is a great QB. What he did with the tools he was dealt, is nothing short of amazing. I don’t agree with you that he’s better than Watson, but that’s cool; we just think differently. 

I hope Corral and Ickey are the answer, and if not, I hope we’re in position to grab a QB next year. I would’ve taken the sure thing, but it’s spilled milk now. We’ll see how it goes.

Edited by AggieLean
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Yep. It's all speculation a this point. Best hope to be good is Corral doing well (and Rhule not fugging things up too bad).

• Beer 1

Just now, rayzor said:

Yep. It's all speculation a this point. Best hope to be good is Corral doing well.

Agreed. 

Im rooting for both Corral and Ickey. They’re both exciting players. At the end of the day, I just want my team to win and I want my team to be relevant. I love the Carolina’s and love being from NC. Them being good allows me, a transplant in Atlanta, to boast and brag about how my home is better than others, so I’m hoping it all works.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

My thoughts are much like Fitt has expressed.  Although I would've been hyped to get Watson, it still would've stung quite a bit if we had traded all those picks to do so.  So, the best route is to get them young and you get the benefit of them playing on their rookie contract while building a winning team around them, and hopefully, you strike gold with them...  so, that's what we have to hope for with Corral now.  Also, as far as LT, if Ickey projects to what many feel he will, we weren't going to find another LT Luke that available in FA, especially not 21 or 22 years old.  This guy is likely a franchise tackle and will be with us for the entirety of his career.  Same with Corral if he pans out...  so if we hit on them in any sort of fashion, we definitely took the much better route, AND we got to keep our first and second rounders for the next 3 years in the process.  Win, win.