• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral links

B_Eazi

His 2020 tape was very good, I think some his drop in production really is a product of the ankle injuries, you could see some of the accuracy fall off after those. You can watch pretty much all his reps from every game on YouTube, and he does read the field at times, his mid range accuracy and quick release is pretty awesome.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

His 2020 tape was very good, I think some his drop in production really is a product of the ankle injuries, you could see some of the accuracy fall off after those. You can watch pretty much all his reps from every game on YouTube, and he does read the field at times, his mid range accuracy and quick release is pretty awesome.

I saw the same thing. His 2020 tape was definitely better. Then I looked at the roster and saw the changes from the year before and I can see that as a contributing factor as well. His line did not block as well and his receivers were borderline talents. He was throwing more off-balance and off of his back foot because the pressure was getting to him so much faster. I would have strongly discouraged him from playing in the bowl game if I was Lane Kiffin. It was a miracle that he wasn't hurt earlier in the year and the bowl game was just another test of the inevitable.

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Interesting seeing the High School highlights. Definitely not heavy on the RPO there. Also a couple 2 read plays, and that pump fake killing those teenagers

Another tool in the arsenal that "Baby Hands" Pickett can't utilize. Corral has a very good pump fake.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

42 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

I saw the same thing. His 2020 tape was definitely better. Then I looked at the roster and saw the changes from the year before and I can see that as a contributing factor as well. His line did not block as well and his receivers were borderline talents. He was throwing more off-balance and off of his back foot because the pressure was getting to him so much faster. I would have strongly discouraged him from playing in the bowl game if I was Lane Kiffin. It was a miracle that he wasn't hurt earlier in the year and the bowl game was just another test of the inevitable.

Yeah watching some random games, there were so many horrible drops in 2021. Definitely off targets balls at times, but lots of catchable drops. I think that's why the scrambling for first downs went up. He also slides way more than he gets credit for. Everyone made a big deal about Howell losing his weapons, and no one mentions Corral losing Elijah Moore yet finding a way to have a better record than 2020. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah watching some random games, there were so many horrible drops in 2021. Definitely off targets balls at times, but lots of catchable drops. I think that's why the scrambling for first downs went up. He also slides way more than he gets credit for. Everyone made a big deal about Howell losing his weapons, and no one mentions Corral losing Elijah Moore yet finding a way to have a better record than 2020. 

Not to mention Kenny Yeboah at TE.

Plus his offensive line from 2020 to 2021 only saw one starter stay at the same position, his LT.

They had his RG move to RT, his C move to RG, brought in a transfer C to start, and started a new LG. To say they were unsettled on the line is an understatement.

His starting RT, Co-starting runningback, and top 2 receivers were picked up as undrafted free agents. Only Snoop Conner was drafted on offense other than Matt Corral, but one could argue that he very well could've gone undrafted as well. 

Corral definitely elevated his team. 

Edited by XClown1986
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Not to mention Kenny Yeboah at TE.

Plus his offensive line from 2020 to 2021 only saw one starter stay at the same position, his LT.

They had his RG move to RT, his C move to RG, brought in a transfer C to start, and started a new LG. To say they were unsettled on the line is an understatement.

While playing against some tough defenses/teams in the SECW.

• Beer 1