• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some offseason news and rumors

Starting to look like we're going to make a bad trade to get rid of Gordon, and I'm ok with that.

"According to Michael Scotto of HoopsHype, “Gordon Hayward is a name to keep an eye on regarding the trade market.” 

"

An executive who spoke with Scotto had this to say about Charlotte’s ability to trade the veteran forward:

I’m sure they can trade him. I don’t think they’ll get off a ton of money. They’ll take players back that cost a little less.

Maybe you’re able to trade him for two pieces making $10-15 million a year. I’m sure there will be a market for him because at the end of the day, he’s a really good wing player.

https://www.atthehive.com/2022/5/6/23060407/report-gordon-hayward-trade-rumors-charlotte-hornets-miles-bridges-la-clippers-marcus-morris?utm_campaign=atthehive&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

and

HoopsHype’s Michael Scotto and Hornets beat writer Rod Boone of The Charlotte Observer discuss two of the biggest storylines this offseason, the free agency of Miles Bridges and the trade market for Gordon Hayward. The duo also discussed the latest on Charlotte’s coaching search and free agency for Montrezl Harrell, Cody Martin and Isaiah Thomas on the latest edition of the HoopsHype podcast.

Scotto: Miles Bridges enters the offseason as one of the top free agents on the market. He’s currently sixth overall on our HoopsHype free-agent rankings. Four NBA executives told me he could earn $25 million annually or more in free agency. If there becomes a bidding war for Bridges, he could get a max contract.

One executive told me, “Bridges will get close to, if not the max, at this point. He’s 23 years old and a big wing. Those guys are so rare. If Portland can’t trade for Jerami Grant, they’ll probably look in Bridges’ direction. These teams with cap space that are debating where to spend money would probably go for a young wing. They’re hard guys to get. I think he’s getting $25 million to the max annually.”

I think he’ll come back because there’s unfinished business for the Hornets, LaMelo Ball and him. They’re like brothers, along with Terry Rozier. I don’t think he’ll leave barring a deal the Hornets can’t match with a poison pill. 

Scotto: Several NBA executives I spoke to don’t believe Montrezl Harrell will command the non-taxpayer mid-level exception range he previously commanded in free agency. Instead, they’re viewing him as closer to a taxpayer mid-level exception guy or less, which would be around $6 million annually or less. He’s been on four teams in four seasons and could be headed for his fifth team in as many years this offseason.

He’s really good buddies with Terry Rozier, his college teammate. You also factor in the fact that he didn’t feel he was used the right way towards the end of the season.

much more at the link

https://hoopshype.com/lists/hornets-rumors-miles-bridges-gordon-hayward-lamelo-ball-montrezl-harrell-coach-search/

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Yeah, I read that  and it's gonna be an interesting  offseason for sure. A key thing to watch is the teams as they get eliminated  from playoffs. We will more than likely make a trade with one of these teams and Utah is definitely  a team to watch. Nurkic is a guy to watch too. 

I dont know when our teams are gonna learn this, both the Panthers and Hornets...  but, if you draft a guy and develop him into a star, you give that guy what he's asking for prior to the expiration of his rookie contract.  We get burned by this time and time again.  

As for Gordon, I'm fine with swapping him for Randle.  I know it's one problem for someone else's, but Randle could fill a role we need more than Gordon has.  Either him or Myles Turner.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

• 1 month later...

Turner was available before the February deadline, but the Pacers couldn’t work out a deal and the 26-year-old center’s season was ultimately cut short by a stress reaction in his left foot. Sources tell Fischer that the team is again considering trading Turner, who has a $17.5MM expiring contract for next season and will be an unrestricted free agent in 2023. Fischer states that the Hornets have interest in Turner and have let it be known that they’re willing to part with the 15th pick in next week’s draft. Fischer cites the Raptors and Knicks as other teams to watch.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/charlotte-hornets

• Pie 1

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/charlotte-hornets

4 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Legion Hoops
@LegionHoops
·
Jun 14
RUMOR: The Hornets have expressed willingness to trade their No. 15 overall pick, and Myles Turner is on their trade radar.

It would have to be 15th plus _______ for a 17.5 Turner, salaries have to be somewhat close or it that another NBA rule change that I missed?

I’d be hesitant to trade a lot for Turner. His recent injury history is concerning and the fact that he’s a big man with foot issues is even more concerning.

I’d be okay with 15 and P.J. Washington but they’d also need to take Plumlee and Richards for salary purposes.

All of our young guys (Bouknight, Jones, and Thor) should be off limits in a trade for Turner and I don’t think I’d be willing to include Oubre either.

Trading Washington would theoretically open up playing time for Jones and Thor so I’d be okay with including him.

• Pie 1