• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte “unlikely” to contribute taxpayer money for new Panthers headquarters

8 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I’d be hesitant to offer funding for an underwhelming product as well. I’m not mad at the city of Charlotte for their position, and I’m not mad at Tepper for asking/trying.

At the end of the day, he’ll get what he wants.

Here's to hoping he wants a swift kick in the ass. 😆

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Non story. There's no new information here. Threads/headlines like these are meant to drive clicks so people like Mr. Scot, LinvilleGeorge, Carl Spackler and CRA can poop their pants in excitement to come to the forum and post about how bad Tepper is. Tepper is paying for the facility, Rock Hill just bid that amount of money becuase they wanted it in Rock Hill and would provide the roads/water/electric/infrastructure so Tepper took that deal, then the silly town defaulted

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

...in todays world, were people are getting poorer by the day, I'm against billionaire welfare... people making 10 bucks an hour are going to help fund this poo...He can take his big bulbus chromium head and hit the road if he doesn't want to fund 3/4s..

5 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

I don't have an issue with using reasonable amounts of taxpayer money for a new stadium.

Half a billion?  That’s probably 1/3 of a fancy new stadium.  And that’s not the high end 

37 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Non story. There's no new information here. Threads/headlines like these are meant to drive clicks so people like Mr. Scot, LinvilleGeorge, Carl Spackler and CRA can poop their pants in excitement to come to the forum and post about how bad Tepper is. Tepper is paying for the facility, Rock Hill just bid that amount of money becuase they wanted it in Rock Hill and would provide the roads/water/electric/infrastructure so Tepper took that deal, then the silly town defaulted

True. Some( not you Mr. Scot) that you've mentioned come here to profess their hate for the team as if to say "hey look at me!" "I'm edgy...(in a passive aggressive way), and I hate this team...but keep coming back and posting". Of course, it's the Huddle.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Half a billion?  That’s probably 1/3 of a fancy new stadium.  And that’s not the high end 

I don't know the amount. But it doesn't have to be a flat sum. You can probably use things like a hotel tax.

I view a stadium in the same way I view the arts.

23 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

“Right now, we have other priorities we’re working with,” Graham said. “Dollars are limited. The biggest thing is we have other priorities.”

The local push and pull over taxpayer money has obvious relevance to the team’s desire to build a new stadium. Owner David Tepper will expect public money. What happens if he can’t get as much as he wants, or any at all?

Other cities have learned that lesson the hard way. Charlotte potentially could be next

Vikings Headbutt GIF by HISTORY UK

Tepper stated  the following in  a previous Charlotte Observer article :

(“At some point, that building will fall down. Like I said before and I’ll say it again, I’m not building a stadium alone.” ) 

( “The community is going to have to want it. If I’m a third, and the community’s a third, and eventually in the future, personal seat license (owners) are a third, or whatever we do, it’s a partnership." ) 

( “If people don’t want it, they don’t want it. I’m not going to force it on anybody; I don’t want to force it on anybody.” )

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article251979323.html#storylink=cpy

Edited by KatsAzz