• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs Boston game 4 Sunday at Noonish

Ok why in the world do we still have 2 game threads tmrw.  I thought his would stop but he keeps going. We don’t need any negativity towards our team that’s all this guy provides. Either I shut my thread down and would run with his or he stops posting and we run with mine. There’s no point in having two threads. It’s becoming petty. 

@Stumpy @Harbingers  @Anybodyhome @MillionDollarCam @TrevorLaurenceTime22  sorry if I missed i few canes fans. you guys are the goats around here. I’m trying to live up to your standards. I Love this place.  But I don’t see a point in the Nc fella going against the grain and causing negative juju. We have a LEGIT chance to win a cup and we don’t need bad karma. I want to be a part of this crew for the long haul, however I don’t want to keep causing distractions because NC can’t handle his liquor. Thoughts?

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Don’t let him get under your skin. That’s his entire point.

It’s not that he’s getting under my skin. I don’t want him to be bad juju for our team that’s on the precipice of greatness.  It’s rare that the North Carolina professional team has a chance to win the big one and this is our chance.  

I've been around here for many years now and I can tell you there will always be people who annoy and upset the balance or simply cannot find the upside to anything. That being said, we have a choice to not read, respond, quote or otherwise exacerbate the situation. 

Hockey fans are not of the same ilk as football fans, particularly when it comes to being a fan of a football team who has enjoyed very limited success and a hockey team whose continued success is starting to gather more fans. The 2 sports are far from identical in many respects aside from the game itself. Therre are far fewer rules in hockey, but so much more nuance, so much more than just getting it done on the field or the ice.

Not every hockey game in the regular season is a must win. In football, it is.

In football, teams can screw with the cap in an effort to build a franchise. In hockey, it's a hard cap and it requires coaching, scouting and a minor league pipeline.

There is so much different in the 2, but we shouldn't be surprised this forum would attract a few football fans who aren't familiar with that nuance and don't understand that everything doesn't have to be perfect to be successful year in and year out.

As I said, we have a choice as to whom we follow, read and respond to. There is an ignore feature and I use it when I need to.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I've been around here for many years now and I can tell you there will always be people who annoy and upset the balance or simply cannot find the upside to anything. That being said, we have a choice to not read, respond, quote or otherwise exacerbate the situation. 

Hockey fans are not of the same ilk as football fans, particularly when it comes to being a fan of a football team who has enjoyed very limited success and a hockey team whose continued success is starting to gather more fans. The 2 sports are far from identical in many respects aside from the game itself. Therre are far fewer rules in hockey, but so much more nuance, so much more than just getting it done on the field or the ice.

Not every hockey game in the regular season is a must win. In football, it is.

In football, teams can screw with the cap in an effort to build a franchise. In hockey, it's a hard cap and it requires coaching, scouting and a minor league pipeline.

There is so much different in the 2, but we shouldn't be surprised this forum would attract a few football fans who aren't familiar with that nuance and don't understand that everything doesn't have to be perfect to be successful year in and year out.

As I said, we have a choice as to whom we follow, read and respond to. There is an ignore feature and I use it when I need to.

Maybe one of the greatest posts I’ve read since browsing this forum for 15 years. Wow. Well said brother. Learning from the bests. I’ll keep my end up and not disappoint. 

Thank you!