• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 Pass Protection Expectations

Evil Hurney

16 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

because his line didn't play bad every snap.

You can go back and look at the plays when he did have protection.

Don't bother trying to explain it. At this point, if people can't see it they are doing so willingly. 

You can talk all you want but it's almost impossible to be heard by someone with their head in the sand.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

That logic is stupid honestly. When a QB is under pressure and getting clobbered alot,  it impacts  his confidence, timing, and rythym and that is why on uncontested throws he still struggled. He went through his steps too quickly and his timing was off with receivers so even when there wasn't the expected pressure,the play didn't worked. You can't just cherry pick plays out of context and draw conclusions. 

sounds like excuse making for him.

Fact is from clean pockets he has been one of the worst QBs in the league over his career.

Also cherry picking makes it sound like that is a small sample size and in reality its not.  His no pressure plays are probably greater than his pressure plays.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

And if you are a Panther fan you hope both Darnold and Corral play great

This hoping someone sucks so your guy can play I don't understand. 

I never hoped that Darnold sucked. Ever! 

I just realize that at some point, you have to move on. Based upon observation and 40+ years of watching, I've seen enough, and I'm not going to apologize for it. 

• Beer 4

Before we get all excited about our projected OL, please keep in mind that the guy making the decisions on who starts is the one that willingly started Pat Elflien and Cam Erving for most of last season. 

I know he has more football knowledgeable people in the building now but he may not listen to them. We hope he does, but that remains to be seen.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

That logic is stupid honestly. When a QB is under pressure and getting clobbered alot,  it impacts  his confidence, timing, and rythym and that is why on uncontested throws he still struggled. He went through his steps too quickly and his timing was off with receivers so even when there wasn't the expected pressure,the play didn't worked. You can't just cherry pick plays out of context and draw conclusions. 

Sounds good in theory, but reality doesn't match. This is what happens far too often when Darnold has time. He isn't pressured in the least. The panic is all in his head. It was his first snap of the game in week 6. Not like he'd been getting the hell best out of him all day or all season at this point.

• Pie 5

17 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

And if you are a Panther fan you hope both Darnold and Corral play great

This hoping someone sucks so your guy can play I don't understand. 

The Carolina Panthers drafted Matt Corral. We did not draft Sam Darnold. He is the New York Jets failure. No one hope he sucks they have simply seen enough. The future is here and that future is either Corral or the next man up if he happens to not be the answer. That is the way the NFL works.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sounds good in theory, but reality doesn't match. This is what happens far too often when Darnold has time. He isn't pressured in the least. The panic is all in his head. It was his first snap of the game in week 6. Not like he'd been getting the hell best out of him all day or all season at this point.

That was one of the worst interceptions I've ever seen. The first fugging play of the game? Get that fuggin dude off the team already.

• Beer 2

Just now, Shotgun said:

That was one of the worst interceptions I've ever seen. The first fugging play of the game? Get that fuggin dude off the team already.

First play of the game and threw the game sealing pick into triple coverage the week before against the Eagles. The man throws some of the worst interceptions you will ever see. It is what it is these people still on this same tune about maybe he could be this or that are delusional.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let's see what happens this season. I am not going to go back and forth for 100 posts talking about last year or 3 years ago.  We have a new system, an improved line and a competent OC and line coach. The same folks who complained about Darnold on  every post like you since September are hardly going to change their mind. There will be plenty of time in the Fall to see what happens. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It wouldn’t. Our OL was that bad. Cam was awful too last year and people want to bring him back and give him a chance behind this OL. Also, there’s a difference between expecting him to be good and not being shocked. 

Only a few crazies and folks who are still reliving the past want Cam back as a starter. That has nothing to do with the fact Sam Darnold needs to be politely shown the door.

• Poo 1

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Let's see what happens this season. I am not going to go back and forth for 100 posts talking about last year or 3 years ago.  We have a new system, an improved line and a competent OC and line coach. The same folks who complained about Darnold on  every post like you since September are hardly going to change their mind. There will be plenty of time in the Fall to see what happens. 

Very likely the same thing that has happened his entire career... if he actually starts games for us is even on the roster. Darnold has all of the physical QB traits and none of the mental ones.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, to be fair, he sees ghosts.

Hot Sauce Crying GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How can people buy into this myth? Go back and watch Darnold. A lot of his worst play comes when he has good protection and time to survey the field. He plays well when his first read is open or when he's forced to dump it off to his checkdown due to immediate pressure. Sam with time to survey the field against decent coverage is usually a recipe for disaster. Better protection isn't going to fix his issues. He just doesn't see the field like a QB needs to.

Well my plan is to draft a 2023 QB so you know where I'm at.