• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If a city offers a new stadium and training facility...

Jmac

Would Tepper bite and pull the moving vans up? Do you have faith in him not bugging out?

Seems clear that Charlotte and NC doesn't want to pump $$ into the Panthers to help finance anything.

When the threats start to relocate, how would you feel?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Sacremento, Portland, San Jose, St. Louis, San Diego, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City are all threats but I don't see the team moving. Those are all lateral moves.

That said ... what's up with so many of those places starting with the letter S? Weird.

NC is currently 9th in population. Right behind Georgia. There is no way the NFL will allow a market like that to go without a team. Really bad for business.

Tepper is stuck here whether he likes it or not.

Edited by Tbe
Edit
  • Pie 6
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Tbe said:

NC is currently 9th in population. Right behind Georgia. There is no way the NFL will allow a market like that to go without a team. Really bad for business.

Tepper is stuck here whether he likes it or not.

Yeah right the nfl and the owners can do whatever the F they want. He’d move the team to Eastwatch by the Sea and nobody would stop him from the league. 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Sacremento, Portland, San Jose, St. Louis, San Diego, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City are all threats but I don't see the team moving. Those are all lateral moves.

That said ... what's up with so many of those places starting with the letter S? Weird.

I agree for everyone except San Jose (though it would seem like the 49ers would have it on lock). The city has enough TV market share and money to make things interesting.

Tepper isn't stupid. The Carolina's are one of the fastest growing spots in America. Especially within the tech industries. Between the Charlotte and Concord area and the Triangle and many large metropolitan areas. There are many states left that can match what the Carolina's offer. The idea that we are a small market is crazy to me. Tepper wanted to be here for a reason. He isn't stupid. He will get what he wants and keep the team here

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I agree for everyone except San Jose (though it would seem like the 49ers would have it on lock). The city has enough TV market share and money to make things interesting.

I mean, the largest markets have multiple teams. SF has the Giants and Oakland has the A's in MLB. That area could easily have a second NFL team ... hell, they did when the Raiders were there. I think SF, Oakland, San Jose, and Sacramento could have two teams between them.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I felt the same way when people first started talking about the Chargers moving to Los Angeles.  That was a dumb move, and it's still a dumb move.  The chargers are an afterthought in their own stadium.  

DIdn't stop them from doing it.  

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Same letter that starts with the word poo. And then portland is poop.