• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Jimmy G still be on the table?

FuFuLamePoo

5 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

And I want to be very clear I'm in no way endorsing it, I just still have a hard time believing Sam is your week 1 starter. 

They obviously don't want him to be. What are the options? Sam for Baker straight up trade? Jimmy G gets cut and signs for $10M and we just release Sam and eat the money? It's hard finding a way to get Darnold out of the building without eating the money

Whether or not he starts any games this year we need to give Corral some playing time. Even if Darnold gets the majority of the snaps we need to see if we feel comfortable moving forward with plans for Corral as a future starting quarterback. We do not need to repeat the Christensen experiment with Corral.  Bringing Jimmy G. On board will complicate that. Besides, we still may need cap space to sign a couple of players on defense. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, tecc86 said:

If the reports about the 49ers not being impressed with Trey Lances development so far I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep Jimmy for another year.

I cant believe people are buying this. 

The only reason these "leaks" are coming out is because they want a 2nd or better for Jimmy G. IF they flat out said Lance was the starter, what little value Jimmy Generic has goes down the drain

10 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

They obviously don't want him to be. What are the options? Sam for Baker straight up trade? Jimmy G gets cut and signs for $10M and we just release Sam and eat the money? It's hard finding a way to get Darnold out of the building without eating the money

I dont see what the problem is, if he plays or not we still have to pay him.

Playing him will be a direct detriment to the team. Eat the 18m and flush the turd. 

On 5/8/2022 at 11:07 AM, frankw said:

He's not that big of an upgrade and the 49ers were asking for a 2nd round pick last I heard. This idea should be done and over with by now.

That would be hilarious. End up having no 2nd or 3rd round picks for a second straight season.

Edited by kungfoodude