• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dallas leaked draft board

Basbear

49 minutes ago, SOJA said:

What game against high comp did Ickey struggle?

Didn't struggle just didn't play high competition facing an SEC line all year vs whatever State was lining up against is a HUGE difference, Ickey is here because he's local that's okay we got him at 8 Neal is still the way better prospect 

19 minutes ago, DMathematics said:

Didn't struggle just didn't play high competition facing an SEC line all year vs whatever State was lining up against is a HUGE difference, Ickey is here because he's local that's okay we got him at 8 Neal is still the way better prospect 

So you're faulting Ickey because he didn't play in the SEC? That's not a knock. I agree Neal was an excellent prospect as well but Ickey has a higher ceiling and the potential to be the best LT in the league 

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

So you're faulting Ickey because he didn't play in the SEC? That's not a knock. I agree Neal was an excellent prospect as well but Ickey has a higher ceiling and the potential to be the best LT in the league 

I like both too I think Ickey will be a franchise LT for us but you can't deny the step up in competition does defiently mean something 

2 hours ago, DMathematics said:

I like both too I think Ickey will be a franchise LT for us but you can't deny the step up in competition does defiently mean something 

Which top 10 NFL LT played for a SEC school? I think Tunsil is the only one. 

3 hours ago, Martin said:

Which top 10 NFL LT played for a SEC school? I think Tunsil is the only one. 

Which top 10 NFL LT played for a ACC school?

I think the better question to ask is what top lineman have played at that specific school Alabama produces way more o line talent than state

On 5/23/2022 at 5:24 PM, DMathematics said:

Which top 10 NFL LT played for a ACC school?

I think the better question to ask is what top lineman have played at that specific school Alabama produces way more o line talent than state

The point here is that the conference is not a real factor for the best LTs in the NFL. 

You are drafting the player, not the school.  Bama OL, when compared to their productivity, tend to underpeform their draft spots--they are inflated.  But to say Neal was way better---not according to the film I watched.

Ickey will not be great during the first part of the season in pass protection, but he should develop because he has the tools.  I'd take Ickey over Neal all day long in run blocking, and we want to run the ball more. We drafted an RPO QB as well, so he is perfect for where we are heading.

• Pie 1

On 5/10/2022 at 1:03 AM, CarolinaLivin said:

Olave with second round grade and Trevor Penning with im assuming a third round grade

Could still turn out to be good players but yikes considering what they gave up for that extra 1st

Second round grade but 15th on their list.  He didn't go far from where they had him ranked.  Teams usually don't have 32 players with 1st round grades.

On 5/18/2022 at 7:57 PM, SOJA said:

Very interesting they had Ickey that low tbh 

They had him 9th and he went 6th, not really that big of a difference.  Also, regardless of what people say need factors in.  From a pure grade perspective we might have had some of the same guys higher than Ickey but OT we a bigger need.

23 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Second round grade but 15th on their list.  He didn't go far from where they had him ranked.  Teams usually don't have 32 players with 1st round grades.

They had him 9th and he went 6th, not really that big of a difference.  Also, regardless of what people say need factors in.  From a pure grade perspective we might have had some of the same guys higher than Ickey but OT we a bigger need.

they drafted an OT in round 1 lol 

On 6/2/2022 at 8:13 PM, SOJA said:

they drafted an OT in round 1 lol 

and your point is?

OT could have been their biggest need but that doesn't change the fact that they had higher grades on other players.

Need doesn't factor into a players grade, it factors in when you pick them.  That is two different things.

Is that board a list of the order in which they would have drafted players or the ranking of the players grades.