• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey Thump (2022)

GRWatcher

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Remmers was solid until the Denver game when we decided he could handle Miller on his own. Most end of the year rankings had us right behind the Cowboys that year.

Yeah I recall him being steady but that SuperBowl  and the following year Denver to start the season he fell off bad. That was definitely  bad coaching too. Von Miller ate his lunch. 

I just like how excited Ickey is to be in the building, playing for his childhood (teenagehood?) favorite team.

Watching his post-draft videos and comments show so much pure joy and happiness.  If he lives up to the promise of what he's supposed to bring to the table, I hope he sticks with us for a lonnnnnng time (and keeps that smile a'going.)

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

Jordan gross said he hopes we put a left guard beside him and let them just stick. I was telling a guy at work I hope Deonte could put up a fight with Brady. He said he has watched  Cade and thinks he has a fair shot to get the guard spot. Regardless,  we could have massive holes on either  side for the 1st time since  Oher Norwell  Kalil Turner Moton... 

We definitely have options. I think BC is the easy answer for LG long term, but Mays could be that guy too. Or he could put in a challenge for center? I don't know. I just know it's good to finally have decent options and a good OL coach.  i just hope that we can get long term contracts for Bozeman and Corbett. 

We need not just talent on that OL, but we need a group of guys who will be together for several years. Yes, we definitely need to get someone working beside Icky long term, but we need to get that whole line in there long term as well. 5 guys who can dominate as a unit and a few guys who can fill in with little being noticed.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

I just like how excited Ickey is to be in the building, playing for his childhood (teenagehood?) favorite team.

Watching his post-draft videos and comments show so much pure joy and happiness.  If he lives up to the promise of what he's supposed to bring to the table, I hope he sticks with us for a lonnnnnng time (and keeps that smile a'going.)

I think that he has the highest ceiling of the 3 that were available, even if he wasn't the most ready to play. He'll take some rookie lumps in pass protection against the speed rush, but DAMN, I can't wait to see CMC running behind him! Line Tremble up on that side as well and it's going to be pure carnage in the run game!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

We definitely have options. I think BC is the easy answer for LG long term, but Mays could be that guy too. Or he could put in a challenge for center? I don't know. I just know it's good to finally have decent options and a good OL coach.  i just hope that we can get long term contracts for Bozeman and Corbett. 

We need not just talent on that OL, but we need a group of guys who will be together for several years. Yes, we definitely need to get someone working beside Icky long term, but we need to get that whole line in there long term as well. 5 guys who can dominate as a unit and a few guys who can fill in with little being noticed.

Definitely because it's  been forever since we have had continuity  on the oline!!! I hope we can lock them up too and it seems Bradley does want to live in the area and grow off the field. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1