• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Locked on Panthers Interview with Mike Borkey (Ole Miss Beat writer).

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I'd take Derek Carr 2.0.  Not every team is getting a Mahommes or Josh Allen, so a week-to-week consistent starter, if yet unspectacular, is completely okay with me.

So you’re happy with no chance of a championship?

7 minutes ago, Tbe said:

So you’re happy with no chance of a championship?

Let's see how the Raiders do this year.  Now they got some weapons for Carr I would be willing to bet not only do they make the playoffs, but make a deep run unless they have to play either the Bills or Chiefs in the first couple of rounds.  Sure, if there was a Mahommes-esque player in every draft Corral would be a temporary starter or just a backup, but as we know dynamic QB1s don't come around very often.  To pretend there are would be very disingenuous. You have to look no further than this draft to prove that.

Edited by 45catfan

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I'd take Derek Carr 2.0.  Not every team is getting a Mahommes or Josh Allen, so a week-to-week consistent starter, if yet unspectacular, is completely okay with me.

If he becomes Derek Carr, that was a mammoth pick. Derek Carr might not be an elite guy but he is a good NFL QB.

• Pie 8

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Carr is the new Stafford man.

He is not the problem in LV. The organization is. They have drafted like crap and failed to build around him, much like Detroit used to do with Stafford. 

Exactly!  He had Cooper briefly and now Waller, but outside of that not much is going on in LV.  He still took them into the payoffs through all the Gruden drama and coaching changes.  Carr is very underrated in this league.  I posted an article on here that compared Matt Ryan's Derek Carr's and Tom Brady's stats and he was pretty much on par with them.  It was before Matt Ryan's recent decline.

3 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Carr is the new Stafford man.

He is not the problem in LV. The organization is. They have drafted like crap and failed to build around him, much like Detroit used to do with Stafford. 

Stafford is an elite QB and was an elite QB. Carr isn't the talent that Stafford is.

However, Carr is DRAMATICALLY underappreciated for how good he is. 100% by the fans and often by the bobbleheads, as well.

They will jerk off over the Mayfield's, Murray's and Garoppolo's but will ignore Carr. He is better than all those guys.

• Pie 2

let's not paint a third round pick averaging nearly 4k yards per season over the first 8 years of his career with more than twice as many TDs as INTs and 3 Pro Bowls as anything other than a colossal win for the franchise.

• Pie 4